Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gengadash-Advent of Arceus.

Mindgames

Does anyone else think this will be common when Advent of Arceus comes out? It just seems to me that it will be overused. Dialga G Lv.x gets knocked down a peg with Gengar Lv.x's Poke-power and Rapidash being immune to SP's thanks to its Poke-body. And since the SP's are getting used a bit more, I'm guessing that we can see people being afraid of them and running this. I just see this as being a high probability. I for one will be doing a good sweeping expert belt deck. Just want to hear your thoughts on this.

This is similar to the Flygon Lv. X + Mewtwo Lv. X idea.

You set up a quick Mewtwo Lv. X against an SP deck, then attach to Flygon while holding off damage. Hopefully by the time Dialga G Lv. X hits the field, you have a Flygon Lv. X with 3 energies on it to OHKO it, no matter if its benched or not.

Mewtwo, however, takes no damage from both SP Pokemon and other basics (Useful against decks like Regigigas). I've already seen many Gengar lists teching 1-1 Mewtwos in, so it shouldn't change much with the Lv. X. It also gets type consistency with Gengar while Rapdidash doesn't. Problem is with the Flygon version is you have a tough time with anything non-SP because, beyond its SP-immunity tactic, the two have pretty much no synergy. So, if you focused the deck solely on the SP immunity, you may have problems.

Also, they can just Level Up Dialga again ;) It'd be tough to get multiple Level Downs off, and if you base a deck around it it would lose to most other things. Plus, Dialga G can just Power Spray it.

Mewtwo with Gengar, Flygon with Rapidash. I think Rapidash would be a better partner for Flygon. Self evolving via ascension works better with power swing. When Dialga hits the field you answer with Flygon X or Rapidash.

Back