Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

gengar deck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markevans

Hello I think that i have an interesting/unique deck here and i would like some input!

POKEMON

4-3-4 gengar
2-2 lumineon
2-2 claydol
1 phione

TOTAL:20 pokemon

3 bebe's search
3 pov
2 roseannes
3 wager
3 candy
2 nm
1 tsd
4 switch (very important)
3 quick ball

TOTAL: 24 trainers

ENERGY

13 :psychic:
3 CALL

TOTAL : 16 energies

The strategy is to have lumineon up and use its power which says that if lumineon is active: you can look at your opponents hand. then if your opponents bench is NOT full and they have a basic in their hand,put one of the basics in their hand on their bench and put it as the active pokemom.:lol: This sets up your gengar to knock it out b/c the pokemon is a basic and has low life , and is an easy target for gengar, and you already know what is in your opponents hand. Its as easy as one, two...KNOCK OUT...GAME!!

For that cause, I would rather run Machamp T1 donk instead of Gengar.

This is what people always say to me and I'm going to pass it on to you, "Either run 4 Call Energy or run 0."

1 card matters, the start is the base of the game.

Ultimate: I think 3 call energy is enough. I like Mark's deck idea. I would like to see you put in one more quickball since it's a quick set up deck. Other than that...I HATE TSD, but you already knew that....I hate flips!!!

Great Job Markie!!
Venessa

Okay gengar should only be run as a speed deck. Take out 1-1 lumineon because it should only be a tech. This means you can take out 2 switch and maybe even make those warp points. Also you don't need many energy so take out the calls because most of the time you are going to stop your opponts trainers with ghastly. Take out phione because it's horrible especially in a speed deck like this. Uxie is needed in a speed deck. Add in 2 uxie LA so pokemon should look like this.

4-2-4 gengar
2-2 claydol
1-1 lumineon
2 uxie
~18~

13 psychic
~13~

now you have 29 trainers. You want a fast trainer engine that can almost always get T1/2 gengar or even T3 at the latest. 4 roseannes is a staple. 4 candy and 4 pokedex to help fish them out early is also needed. 1 luxuary ball is also a stapel in every deck. I would only run 2 wagers at the most. Quick ball will never get what you want. Trainers should be

4 roseannes
4 candy
4 pokedex
1 luxuary ball
2 switch/ warp point
2 wager
4 bebe
2 NM
3 POV/ bucks
3 dusk ball

Although it seems kinda situational, i've been testing my decks with the new trainer Poke-Drawer+ and it's been working out amazing, having the ability to search your deck for ANY 2 cards is amazing, so you should definitely try testing how the deck would work with 4 of them in it

Ultimate: I think 3 call energy is enough. I like Mark's deck idea. I would like to see you put in one more quickball since it's a quick set up deck. Other than that...I HATE TSD, but you already knew that....I hate flips!!!

Great Job Markie!!
Venessa

I agree, you should probably trade me TSD :p

- 1 phione
- 1 tsd
- 3 quick ball
- 3 energy psy
- 3 pov

+ 1 luxury ball
+ 1 rare candy
+ 1 tg wager
+ 2 roseanne