3 Warp Point
3 Rosseane's
4 BeBe
1 Luxury Ball
4 Poke Drawer+
4 Rare Candy
1 NM

Strategy:
With Luminion SF, Gengar's poltergiest is amazing because you know how much damage you're going to do. Dusknoir DP is the perfect tech for this deck, because it really complements Luminion's power as well. The combo can be incredebly helpful against your opponent, and you can use it multiple times in a game. Luminion's attack isn't that bad either really, because you can do 20 to your opponent's claydol for example and then do the additional 60 next turn with Gengar. LMK what you think!

Last edited:
Thanks and I will try out your ideas, however I forgot to mention that wager has some very important purposes:
1.) A good player won't keep basics in their hand if they know that I will just use it to my advantage, but with wager, they can't get rid of any basics that would be in their hand right then-- just perfect for the luminion/dusknoir combo. Though they could just draw one card, which leads me to my second point.
2.) If I dark palm claydol and then play wager, then they can either draw the six cards (if they win) or they can draw very few to possibly avoid luminion. Either way, the wager hurts.

Another thing that I think that I should make apparent is that this deck doesn't NEED claydol. With 2 Dusknoirs and poke drawers as draw power, claydol is quite useful, but not necessary. And if I prize a baltoy/claydol, then I have Azelf if I really need it.

Energy switch also plays a valuable purpose. Cresselia needs 3 energy to attack, which is a huge amount to supply one pokemon with in this format. This way it doesn't take so long to power up. Maybe 2 turns instead of 3.

Thanks again for all of the help! :smile:

-2 energy switch
-1 azelf lvl x

+1-1 claydol
+1 rare candy

My friend has had this deck built for about 1 1/2 months now, and its really hard to beat.

This is similar to a deck I ran at a CC this year. I found the Dusknoirs to be a bit slow as the main attacker and a lot more fragile than it's 120HP would suggest because you need it's power to draw cards. I've reduced the Dusknoir line in my revised deck to a tech line for the DP 'Noir and switched to Gengar as the main attacker in the deck.

As for the general strategy Wager is essential for the deck to work against any skilled player. You have to be able to force them into drawing cards they can't get rid of right away. I'd max Wager since it's so important to how the deck functions. ANy deck with 4 Wager should run a 2-2 Claydol line, you could either reduce your Cresselia line down to 1-1 or drop the Azelf line. Both are good in this, but Claydol is still the best consistancy card in the game. You also need at least a couple Unown G to protect your Poke Power having pokemon from Gengar. Without Unown G this deck is almost an auto loss to an agressive Gengar deck, with them it becomes much easier to go about setting things up.

Your trainers need a bit of tweaking as well. You can drop a Warp Point for another Wager. Drop the Poke Drawer+ for 2 Unown G and 2 Cynthia's. I'm not sold on the need for Energy Switch in this, you could probably drop those for a more Unown G, a 4th Rare Candy, or possibly a couple Great Ball to help set up your lines a little quicker.

Once this gets set up your opponent can have a very difficult time even staying in the game. Switching out their active attacking pokemon for a basci and then shuffling their main hitting back into the deck is bad once during the game. When you can do it more than that it's simply crippling.

Thanks a lot DarkWalker! I agree with a good deal of what you said! I want to keep the Warp Points and the azelf line, but I agree with the Unknown G's, 2-2 Claydol line (after more testing), and Gengar.

~New Deck~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back