Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Genie Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Well, for the first time in a LONG time, I'm going to be playing in a Pokemon tournament. I'm currently deciding between something like this, or the Eels deck that's done me so well for so long. Here's what I'm looking at...

Pokemon (10):
3 Darkrai EX
4 Sableye
2 Absol Plasma
1 Keldeo EX

Trainers (39):
4 Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla
3 Colress
4 Enhanced Hammer
3 Catcher
4 Laser
2 Virbank
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
1 Float Stone
2 Dark Claw

Energy (11):
11 Dark

I think this is a pretty standard Darkrai deck. Discard Energy early to Patch it onto a Darkrai or an Absol (depending on what I'm facing), then LaserBank and Claw for the KOs. I decided on Colress over Bianca for two reasons. First, Bianca has never once been a positive card for me. And second, every deck in the format other than Darkrai relies on having lots of Pokemon on the bench. Don't believe me? Eels needs the 3-4 Eels, plus its dancing partners. Plasma EXs needs 4 Darkrai plus whatever attackers they want to use. Klinklang needs at least 2, if not 3, Klink in play turn 1, plus some BBPs. Same with Keldeo. About the only deck that doesn't need to fill the bench is Big Basics, and I don't see that as being a big deck in the area I'm going to be playing. The massive amounts of Enhanced Hammer is because I'm expecting to face a TON of Plasma decks, and those pretty much run zero Basic Energy. I don't expect to see very much Eel or Keldeo. The big decks I'm expecting to come across are Darkrai, Klang, and Plasma, not in that order.

I know for a FACT that this is not the best build of this deck. I'm missing my Crushing Hammers, and I probably overloaded where it wasn't necessary. Rip me to pieces, I need it!

Absol is really only there to counter Klinklang. In most other matchups, it's not as useful.

I also somehow forgot Energy Switch. Not sure where that card goes, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back