Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperfairy

I am a teenager living in Connecticut, and I want to get back into playing the TCG competitvely. I used to play up until Neo Genesis, and I have recently been going to the local league for about a month now. I do not possess enough legal cards to participate in anything, and I understand the basic concepts of deck building. I want to start playing more competitively, and hopefully, place at National's or World's in the near future.

How do I get started? I suppose I first, need to learn of all the decktypes in the current metagame, and after constructing a decklist, buying booster packs from the sets I need cards from. However, I still do not understand how one can transcend the level from casual to competitive.... could anyone explain it?

(I had no idea as to where this thread should go, and I apologize if it was in the wrong place)

Well its alright, the mods will move it to the correct place, deck help is to list your deck, tell its strategy and see what imput people can give.

the decktyoes in the current metagame are mostly:
1) gallade +gardivoir
2) magmorter
3) blissy
4) random T2 decks
hope that helps a bit

[DEL]I went from bad to good by getting a lot of practice. I've been playing the modified format for just short of a full year, and it has taken me this long to finally start getting good since I didn't get much practice each week. An easy way to practice outside of the league is to play with Pokemon cards online. There are two good programs to do this in. Redshark and Apprentice. You should checkout Redshark, and make some decks in it to battle people online with. You'll get a lot of practice everyday with this, and you'll figure out what works and what doesn't. This will really speed up the process of going from good to bad. I really wish I had started using the program much earlier, as I would have been more successful earlier in the season. After a lot of practice in Redshark, you can make your most successful deck(s) for real play, and start pwning in the real world. :thumb:[/DEL]

lol. I just figured out (after reading your name) that you already know about Redshark since I battled you just about a half an hour ago on it :lol:. Well, just keep doing what you're doing. And I'll say that you're off to a great start! Practice is key. I recommend looking into some more current decks like Magmortar and Gallade stuff. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back