Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GH4 or RB2?

I already bought RB2 for 360 and I have the complete band pack for GHWT on pre-order. Since both sets of instruments are compatible, not sure about drums from GH to RB yet, there really is no reason not to get both if you have the $$. What I like about RB was that you could transfer almost all of the songs from the RB1 game to RB2 (on the 360) and all the DLC from RB1 is completely compatible in RB2. All the GH games this couldn't happen. Also, DLC in RB is extensive, where GH is laking. I hope Red Octane and Activision plans on having a lot of DLC, otherwise, RB will be the better game overall.

Z

You need to state reasons WHY when you give your answer or this will be locked as a poll. Oh, and this will be moved to the Electronic Games forum.

I already got RB2 for 360 and love it. The ability to do the Band World Tour mode as a single player and over XBox Live with other people makes it a lot better than RB1.

I will be getting GH:WT as well. Besides being a fan of both the GH and RB series, the biggest selling point, for me anyway, of the new GH game is 3 songs from Tool will be on it! But I would buy it even if Tool wasn't on it.

If you're getting one, you've got the ability to get both. Especially if you get GH4. Isn't the drum set from GH4 cross-game?

If you're getting one, you've got the ability to get both. Especially if you get GH4. Isn't the drum set from GH4 cross-game?

I don't think it has been officially confirmed that the GH drums will work on either of thr RB games. It has been confirmed the RB drums, including the premium ION drums, will work on GHWT.

As I said above, I prefer RB mainly because more songs. RB2 should have more than 500 songs on it by end of the year. Can GH claim that? The idea Harmonix and EA had of allowing people to "rip" the tracks from RB1 to RB2 was a great idea so no need to change discs to play certain songs and they have new DLC every week, where GH has been lacking. The only songs on RB1 that were not able to be transferred were "Run To The Hills", "Enter Sandman", and "Paranoid".

Z

I don't see how the RB drums (4 pads) could possibly work with GH (5 pads). Details, plz?

GH4 all the way

soooooo much better than RB
GH4, as it is by far the better game.

How can you say that is it the better game? Have you played it yet? Highly unlikely. Have you played Rock Band 2?

Don't come on here with your fanboyism for one game, that you haven't even played yet. Play both RB2 and GH:WT then come back and tell us which one is better and why.

I don't see how the RB drums (4 pads) could possibly work with GH (5 pads). Details, plz?
As far as the drums (all plastic instruments go) Microsoft has confirmed all of these controllers will be compatible with GH:WT, RB2, and Rock Revolution (Konami's attempt at this type of game).

RB drums on GH:WT will work, supposedly Activision has it worked out where if you play on RB set, then the 5th pad will be removed from gameplay.

Well, as far as play control is concerned, the games might as well be the same. It's really just a bunch of arguments as to which track list is better.

I've noticed that guitar hero is usually harder than rock band. I can breeze through expert on most of the songs for rock band, but guitar hero is always tougher.

I've noticed that guitar hero is usually harder than rock band. I can breeze through expert on most of the songs for rock band, but guitar hero is always tougher.

And thats why GH is better than Rock Band

+ GH had better set lists than RB in general

How can you say that is it the better game? Have you played it yet? Highly unlikely. Have you played Rock Band 2?

Don't come on here with your fanboyism for one game, that you haven't even played yet. Play both RB2 and GH:WT then come back and tell us which one is better and why.

As far as the drums (all plastic instruments go) Microsoft has confirmed all of these controllers will be compatible with GH:WT, RB2, and Rock Revolution (Konami's attempt at this type of game).

RB drums on GH:WT will work, supposedly Activision has it worked out where if you play on RB set, then the 5th pad will be removed from gameplay.

Guitar hero has an amazing song editor, and you can put those songs on line for others to download. That on its own makes GH a million times better then RB.

Ultimatedra, song list doenst mean much when you have DLC, and DLC of user created songs.

Personally I don't care about the song creator. I am one of those type of people who want instant gratification and don't have the patience to sit there and do a lot of stuff on song creator. I rather buy DLC songs, real master track songs, to play than attempt to make my own.

Ummm... Doesn't RB have like 500+ songs already on DLC? With more coming every week? That are made by the people who make the game? That's more than enough DLC for my tastes...

Guitar hero has an amazing song editor, and you can put those songs on line for others to download. That on its own makes GH a million times better then RB.

Ultimatedra, song list doenst mean much when you have DLC, and DLC of user created songs.

Ok, people are commenting on the "song creator" in GHWT. How can anyone say that makes GHWT a million times better? The game isn't even out yet and you are already implying that is the best feature of a game. I will see how good that feature is when it comes out. However, I suspect it will be a hardly used gimmick except for people who can write songs, which most of us can't. Also, let's get one thing perfectly clear and this has been confirmed, the song creator cannot add vocals. That is key to songs, in my opinion. Without vocals being able to be created, then the songs are limited. I prefer to play songs that have vocals. Not many songs are number one hits without vocals. I can count on one hand songs that have no vocals that were hits in the last 50 years.

As said above by bullados and myself, RB will have over 500 songs for RB by the end of the year (yesterday I just bought the 3 song pack of The Offspring). Does GH have that many songs total? I don't think so. DLC to grow your master track collection is key and RB meets that need.

Once again, I am not bashing either game. I am bringing the point that for GH to compete completely, they need to support the game more with more DLC.

Z

Ok, people are commenting on the "song creator" in GHWT. How can anyone say that makes GHWT a million times better? The game isn't even out yet and you are already implying that is the best feature of a game. I will see how good that feature is when it comes out. However, I suspect it will be a hardly used gimmick except for people who can write songs, which most of us can't. Also, let's get one thing perfectly clear and this has been confirmed, the song creator cannot add vocals. That is key to songs, in my opinion. Without vocals being able to be created, then the songs are limited. I prefer to play songs that have vocals. Not many songs are number one hits without vocals. I can count on one hand songs that have no vocals that were hits in the last 50 years.

As said above by bullados and myself, RB will have over 500 songs for RB by the end of the year (yesterday I just bought the 3 song pack of The Offspring). Does GH have that many songs total? I don't think so. DLC to grow your master track collection is key and RB meets that need.

Once again, I am not bashing either game. I am bringing the point that for GH to compete completely, they need to support the game more with more DLC.

Z
To your point about writing songs: Yeah well, not many of us can sing either, that may be why they never put it in. Plus the game can't recognize words, so it'd be impossible for it to make a lyrics list so the person can read and sing your custom song. With that in mind I think it's actually a better choice not to have custom vocals.

And if anyone was actually keeping up with Guitar Hero (which most of you don't, I don't see why you're all such no-it-alls) you'd know that they have MAJOR plans for DLC. Their adding it to the WII also.

ACTIVISION UNVEILS GUITAR HERO® WORLD TOUR – THE DEFINITIVE ROCK & ROLL MUSIC VIDEOGAMING EXPERIENCE

New State of the Art Wireless Instruments

Innovative Music Studio Lets Players Compose, Record, Edit and Share Music

Biggest Selection of On-Disc Music with All Master Tracks

Robust New Eight-Player “Battle of the Bands” Mode

First Game Ever in the Guitar Hero® Franchise to Allow In-Game Downloadable Content on Wii

Santa Monica, CA – May 22, 2008 – When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Activision, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® World Tour. The latest installment from the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour will transform music gaming by marrying Guitar Hero’s® exhilarating guitar gameplay, with a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless instruments with revolutionary new online and offline gameplay modes. The game will feature a slick newly redesigned guitar, a genuine electronic drum kit and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock and roll anthems, along with online Band Career and 8-player “Battle of the Bands.”

Delivering the largest on-disc set list in a music-rhythm game to-date, Guitar Hero World Tour is comprised entirely of master recordings from some of the greatest classic and modern rock bands of all-time including Van Halen, Linkin Park, The Eagles, Sublime and many more. Additionally, the game will offer significantly more localized downloadable music than ever before on all of the next-generation consoles. Budding rock stars will also be given creative license to fully customize everything from their characters’ appearance and instruments to their band’s logo and album covers.

In addition to a newly designed more responsive guitar controller and microphone, Guitar Hero World Tour will deliver the most realistic drum experience ever in a video game with an authentic electronic drum kit. Featuring three drum pads, two raised cymbals and a bass kick pedal, the drum controller combines larger and quieter, velocity-sensitive drum heads with soft rubber construction to deliver authentic bounce back and is easy to set up, move, break down and store.

“Guitar Hero has set the standard for music-based gaming and with Guitar Hero World Tour and the game’s groundbreaking Music Studio, we are once again delivering unprecedented innovation that has the potential to revolutionize consumer generated music, much in the same way that video sharing hubs have driven user generated video,” said Dusty Welch, Head of Publishing for RedOctane. “With the introduction of our advanced high-quality new wireless instruments, in-depth customization options and advanced online functionality, the game enables music fans and gamers globally to share in the most social and expressive music experience ever.”

Guitar Hero World Tour delivers more ways to play than ever before. Virtual musicians can live out their rock and roll fantasies by playing either a single instrument, or any combination of instruments, in addition to the full band experience. In addition to all of the online gameplay modes from Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour introduces Battle of the Bands mode which allows eight players to join online and challenge each other band-to-band to determine who is the best of the best. In the Band modes, up to four players can jam together, online or off, as they progress through the game, and in single-player Career Mode, players can jam on any of the instruments in branching venue progression enabling them to rock out in the order of their choice.

The game’s innovative new Music Studio lets players express their musical creativity by giving them access to a full compliment of tools to create digital music from scratch, utilizing all of the instruments, and then play their compositions in the game. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes™ where other gamers can download their unique compositions and play them.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB.

Last edited:
Back