Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gino Lombardi's State's ... Team UG in tha building!

GinoLombardi21

Im never serious about playin cards until regionals but this year Ima switch my style up. I've been workin on my deck for states with some players on UG and some players from team italy. Before states there was two decks I liked palkia/diagla and my deck Diagla/Weavile/Honchkrow/Toxicroak.

The thing I liked about my deck was it had soo much more options over palkia/diagla. It also had a better matchup vs. dusknoir, gengar, and machamp which diagla/palkia didnt. Ive seen diagla/palkia use unown g in it but its stupid because vs. machamp there wicked fast and if u got unown g attached then u cant use energy gain which SLOWS your deck down. Mirror match came down to whoever had more options and better setup.

I decide to play my Galactic Version for states becuz I thought it was the best choice. Me and A-Rod are at RI states while Con & Jon are at NH states. We made sure we split so we'd sweep both of em. Con ended up winning NH and I took RI. Before the tourney I made sure I took care of all the SR's and JR players from my league and team ug players before states. Aylam ended up winning, a sr from nh who I helped got 3rd, and matthew got 2nd in the jr division. Heres tha report....

R1 - Machamp
At the begining of the game Im 1st and he starts with baltoy and I accidentally look at two prize cards which results in a prize penalty. I dont want to talk about the penalty too much so ima get on with the game. I started with honckrow active diagla benched and toxicroak benched. Im first and grab double power spray. He benches machop and uxie and I cancel it and he baltoys for 1 and passes. I e gain + galactics HQ + Skunktank + metal w/ diagla and retreat honchkrow and bring up diagla and poison + deafen.. I got 5 prizes like this until I decide to break the lock and toxicroak for game. 1-0

R2 - Rampardos
I start with diagla and he starts with baltoy and hes first. I go e gain + hq + metal = deafen. He evos to claydol and hits me for 40. I play roseannes and grab skuntank uxie. I bench crobat and do 10 to bench baltoy. I defean + poison so claydols up to 50. He hits me for 40. I poketurn with crobat. Replay it with egain + metal and poison + deafen to ko. He brings up his 2nd claydol with 30 becuz hq + crobat. I continue deafen lock for game. 2-0

R3 - Gengar
I got diagla lock going with hq early and mid game was ohkoing gengar with crobat & poison for no flip on three gengars straight. He took 1 prize this game off a bench skunktank who I night maintenanced and replayed lol. 3-0

R4 - Tyranitar
This deck was like one of the best decks to play in a non machamp area cuz the way he plays it beats rampardos and any other fighting decks. I defen early game to disrupt it. He cant setup. I get a 4 prize lead. He finally setsup a tyranitar. I honckrow snipe a free prize and warp point for game. 4-0

R5 - Diagla/Palkia
I shoulda had this game because I playtested against it twice. I just misplayed over 3 times to lose the game. I remember the biggest misplay which I had hq in play and I was gonna ko a palkia with 50 on it with my diagla lv.x and for some reason I played snowpoint temple in play and was off by 10 damage now. I tried to use crobat but he power sprayed it. Not to mention he poketurned it the next turn. 4-1

T4 - AmphyTrick
G1 - He setup a ampharos with nothing else and I two shotted it for game.
G2 - He setup but I had everything going.. Weaviles + diagla lv.x + toxicroaks w/ HQ in play. Late game he made a comeback but weavile koed for my last prize with 90 perfectly. 5-1

T2 - Diagla/Palkia
G1 - I had double diaglas going with poketurns and special metals and bronzong in play. I remember a key ko he couldnt let me get was with his active palkia g with 90 on it. I try to crobat it and he power sprays it. I then use bronzongs power to move an energy to him and warp point. He brings up mespirit. I then e gain + energy attach to bronzong g and do 40 to mespirit and ko palkia with 10 and 10 on two other pokemon. He asks brian for time and scoops with 25 minutes left.
G2 - Before the game I asked brian the whole deal on sd in game 2 because in citys I was confused by this rulings. He explains and we play. I remember mikey having 6 prizes and me having 4 but I had doo doo going so I had to sack some pokemon. Mikey asked how much time was left and brian said under 10 minutes. So I sped up my play to not win on time. He came back and took 4 prizes and time was called on my turn so he won the game becuz I had 4 prizes and brian said G3 = SD w/ 1 prize each coin flip for start of game.
G3 - I win the toss and start with honchkrow and bench diagla + honckrow. I grab 2 poketurn and pass. He plays mespirit and I allow it. He benched diagla and palkia g w/ an uxie. He does egain + water = 20. I draw and warp point and he brings up palkia g. I bring up a honckrow with 0. I then cyrus + dark + egain on it and use honckrows command to grab double power spray. I grabbed double becuz I figured that if he used mespirit I cancel it and then if he used palkia g lv.x he clears the two mespirits. I shoulda grabbed 1 power spray and 1 poketurn becuz if he had double power spray I woulda lost. He hits me for 50 + 10 to bench cuz he poketurns his active palkia g that I warp pointed. I then go roseannes + double crobat on his mespirit and he allows it. I poketurn and crobat and he cancels it. I poketurn crobat again and put 10 on mespirit and I snip it for 40 for game. Awsome SD game!

Props
Aylam for sweeping undefeated!
Con for winning NH
A-Rod and J-Fresh for 3rd @ RI & NH
Ian and Bret from CO using our Galactics and sweeping! (1st & 3rd)
Gabe from Cali playing my Galactics getting top 8
Josh for doing good at states and he just started playin
Tom Shea for lifting the ban from TJs
Tom Shea for running a great event
BJJ763 for letting me borrow a weavile g and running a good event
Matthew for 2nd
Duncan for 1st
Johnston league sweeping Johnston States!

Slops
Not going undefeated
Garcia losing in NJ on a coin flip :(
Muk Man not getting his cards in from ebay in time to make a deck to win states
Gabe losing becuz of his prizes in top 8 :mad:

Im debating where im going to my 2nd states right now. Im debating between NY & ME. Stay tuned for the champs next tourney report. Hopefully it'll be anutha winning report and not dissapointments like citys for all da fans. :thumb:

so how does one 'accidentally' look at two of their prizes, as an experienced player?

'mom

How many Weavile G did you run? I have a similar deck, and I can just NOT figure out how to fit all of that into a deck...

Nice Job Gino, I took Iowa with SP also, little bro took seniors (mirror list). UG did really well first week, congrats to you and Con. How did Alex finish up?

so how does one 'accidentally' look at two of their prizes, as an experienced player?

'mom

quit causing trouble. you're on record as not liking the guy; that's fine. now be the bigger person and move on if you have nothing positive to say.

if i may ask, what is TJ? a person?

'mom

Didn't I read you talking about 'favoritism' and its regards to judges rulings in a tournament in another thread a day ago? Hypocrisy is the devil, you know.

Alright then I'll ask.

How did you accidentally pick up two prize cards?

It's actually pretty easy to space out and do it. And if his HJ made EVERYONE play with their decks on the right, and prizes on the left like mine did, then it could have been easier. I almost did it myself. ( I <3 playing right handed.....not)

Gino is a GREAT sportman (just check final for 3rd and 4th place at Worlds).

Let me remember that he is one of the 12 players that already has a paid trip. I don't see why he should cheat to win a SPT.....

Gino has only one flaw: he doesn't speak italian yet, LOL!

OTTIMO LAVORO GINO! (trad: great job!!)

Congrats on your win Gino.

And you better sweep Maine states. I heard there is no competition there... :)

Props
Aylam for sweeping undefeated!
Con for winning NH
A-Rod and J-Fresh for 3rd @ RI & NH
Ian and Bret from CO using our Galactics and sweeping! (1st & 3rd)
Gabe from Cali playing my Galactics getting top 8
Josh for doing good at states and he just started playin
Tom Shea for lifting the ban from TJs
Tom Shea for running a great event
BJJ763 for letting me borrow a weavile g and running a good event
Matthew for 2nd
Duncan for 1st
Johnston league sweeping Johnston States!

:eek:geesh i didnt even get props for buying the champ a cheeseburger....:nonono:

see ya friday night!!

the unk

Tj's is the biggest store in the NE and runs the P.O.P in this area basicly. so in short he can go to NE regionals, good to hear you are let back in lets try and keep it that way if you know what i mean Gino

'mom

'MOMS ON IT AGAIN!

In his defense it was very easy to do at states. At Indiana states they forced us to play with our deck on our right hand side and our prizes on our left hand side. Ever since I started playing this game I've had my deck on the left and prizes on the right. Many times I had thought I forgot my prizes or almost picked them up. I'm not sure if this was the case where Gino was but it did cause some confusion in Indiana.

Regardless, congrats on the win.

there were a lot of people at indiana states that came treacherously close to picking up their prizes due to this. i always play with them on my left, so it wasn't an issue. but i know people that had trouble with it.

Back