Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ginos 1 & only BR! Its Geo Baby!

GinoLombardi21

iight well I wasn't gunna attend any battle roads due ta k-value and not having rides to tha events. Last year I went to 1 BR and went 5-2 and I was in tha top 50 of NA players back then and I actually gained 10 points so with 8k value and bein in the top 50 NA players again I figure with 1-2 losses I could come out with a gain no matter what. What really made me want to write a report was tha fact that I went undefeated 7-0. Long story short on my tournament history is everytime I usually win a trophy or medal im never undefeated! I havent been undefeated since 2006 in a city championship I won. I always have that 1 to 2 losses in a tournament. So that just makes it more special fo a reason to write a report. Not only that for all you netdeckers heres the deck I played:

Pokemon 22
3 Sentret
2 Furret
1 Phione
1 Baltoy PK
1 Claydoll GE
3 Ralts (hypnosis)
1 Ralts SW
2 Kirlia SW
3 Gallade
2 Gardevoir SW
1 Gardevoir Lv.X
1 Shroomish
1 Breeloom

Trainers 22
4 Rare Candy
4 Celios Network
3 Roseannes Research
2 Stevens Advice
1 TV Reporter
2 Team Galacticas Wager
2 Night Maintenance
2 Moonlight Stadium
1 Phobees Stadium
1 Cessation Crystal

Energy 16
6 Psychic
2 Fighting
1 Cyclone
4 Double Rainbow
3 Scramble

R1 vs. Martin - Plox w/ Dusknoir
I get normal setup and he has t2 gallade on me. He has 2 claydoll on the bench and ralts. I scramble + wager + cessation and ko his gallade and sweep his deck because he cant recover. I had a gallade and gardy fully powered on the bench waiting to strike.
1-0

R2 vs. PJ - Blissey w/ Darkrai&Weavile
I have a horrible setup but my scrambles help me recover. My breeloom + Moonlight sweep his Darkrai's. My gallades handle the blissey and its a rap. I also had the gardy lv.x + Moonlight stadium combo which took me out of sleep. GARDY LV.X + my Stadiums= Unlimited Switch!
2-0

R3 vs. Maria - GalladeGardy
I start with phione with baltoy and ralts on the bench. Im 1st and get claydoll out T2. I get Gallade out T3 with DRE + Cess. I also wagered her, won, and swept her deck. I had 2 gallades and a Gardy powered up on the bench until she scooped.
3-0

R4 vs. Tyler - Empoleon/Glaceon
He missed a crucial bench drop to ko my gallade with cessation crystal slapped on em with empoleon. He was 10 damage off koing me. I proceeded to Ohko his empoleons and he couldnt recover. I also Psylocked him late game to get sum insurance on him not recovering.
4-0

R5 vs. Michelle - Leafon/Blissey/Claydoll
This was a little difficult. I waited for her to draw the 1st prize and then I preped my scramble + gallade. I built various gallades + gardy to finish the game for me. I left her with 4 prizes but cessation really messed her deck over. Gallade + Cess + Wager is a nasty combo mane!
5-0

Semi-Finals vs. Tyler - Empoleon/Glaceon

G1:
I went aggro gallade and all he did early game was draw and pass. I just picked my shots and swept tha game.

G2:
Similiar to the 1st except this time he got a better setup but my wagers + plock or cess crushed em.
6-0

Finals - Brian - Eeveelutions/Moltres/Mew d *+ Mew psychic/ Holon Castform

G1:
This game was hella hard. I knew before I played dat if I rushed em it would be easy. I started out focusing on scrambles. Gallades snagged me 2 prizes. Then when the game seemed lost. Gardy Lv.x's Bring down got me 4 prizes in a row. I killed a mew, lution, eevee, and something else. Soon as he killed a gardy lv.x I just recyled em and kept the chain rolling. Night Maintence is ballinnnn!

G2:
I start with Phione and 2 ralts on bench. 1 Kirlias is in my hand with dre, gallade, gardy, and im 1st Im first. Now I make a wish but a kirlia is prized. I next turn evo to kirlia and put dre on it and get gardy so T3 I could have Plock going. He starts the game with Mew d * and baltoy on the bench. He makes a wish for claydoll. and holon castforms his mew d * and puts me to sleep. I flip tails. Im maddd heated becuz I had T3 gardy Plock and he BLOCKED IT. So after that Ik the game was gonna be hard. By the end of the game I got 2 prizes and he has 1. Time was called on my turn and I won the game becuz I won the 1st. If it had continued he woulda won and we woulda been to sudden death.
7-0

So yeah I get my packs and promo and traded em for sum bills. 7-0 boosted my confidence for nats. I just gotta make a deck, get sum wins, and ima be in worlds. 3 years straight mane!

Props
7-0 & Rating points!
My NYC Fellas, Muk Man, The frezzas who I havent seen since march, and the jones.
Brian for lending me the phione who I have yet ta trade
Boston Celtics for getting back to the finals! http://youtube.com/watch?v=iuvtPuzj5QI
Bostons gunna finally win another championship!:cool:

Slops
My cell for ringing over 8 times in tha finals!
Starting with shroomish twice
Brian JR.:tongue:

- Its Geo Baby!

can the celtics stop kobe? no. but no one can stop garnett :thumb:

I dont kno man going 0-8>7-0 true story!! Geo la Guido!!!

^^ he wanted to go 0-5 but he instead went 1-4 due to a bye. Congrats on your undefeated record Gino :thumb:

*shakes head* whatever. Just warning you now, don't slow play me at nats because I will be playing as fast as I can and I won't let you take back your misplays either.

gj gino :] your amazing <3

*shakes head* whatever. Just warning you now, don't slow play me at nats because I will be playing as fast as I can and I won't let you take back your misplays either.

sour grapes brian?

dont worry theres nats :p

o and btw ill slow play you :]

Carlito- Ya Kobes a beast! 10x better than lebron too! :smile:

Twinkle- Ya thanks, see ya at nats!

Serebii1997J- Ya u too mane!

DeckMaster- Aye my pizon! Yeah ik im on fireeee. Ima c u at nats.

KingGengar- Yeah im not gunna run this deck for nats. So it really dont matter. Im not attending any more brs. Ima dish out another SD for nats this year tho. :cool: Plz dont bring mario to nats :lol:

Muk Man- Idk there was a fella who I talked to on the phone one day and like I stole his idea and made it Hott. I flipped it and made twice its potential. Takes care of mirror, beedrill, chompy, Banette, etc who could ask fo more. Dont worry mane come nats me and u gunna have a good time.

Papi/Manny- Come on now I wasnt stalling. Brian and chris were right there. They told me to hurry up a few times. I didnt get no penalty there for I wasnt slow playing you. After I beat you I even told chris I wanted to play it out and forget the time and ya picked up all your cards like ya just lost your job. Plz dont make a big deal about a BR. This stalling from NE is getting kinda old.:nonono: Ya YOUR FAKE!

Espeonchris14- Hollaaaa! Thanks mane. Ya brians got some sour grapes over BRs. Hes madd cuz im nice! Btw you wont be able to slow play brian at nats hes not making Top Cut. Unlike us we gonna tear up nationals.

That Guido Effect has been Waitin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eggselent Work Gino. I love how everytime Brian loses to Gino its cuz of "slowplay"

And Gino, if you dont get penalized for it, that doesnt ness. mean you didnt slow play, just means you have some.....easier judges. I know Brian, i hate that too but hey, i lost at REGIONALS like that. Its just a BR, call hj and complain next time.

Papi/Manny- Come on now I wasnt stalling. Brian and chris were right there. They told me to hurry up a few times. I didnt get no penalty there for I wasnt slow playing you. After I beat you I even told chris I wanted to play it out and forget the time and ya picked up all your cards like ya just lost your job. Plz dont make a big deal about a BR. This stalling BS from NE is getting kinda old.:nonono: Ya YOUR FAKE!
Haha do you seriously want a cookie? You didn't slow play me? Yeah okay. I let you take back a roseanne's, which took at least an additional 10 seconds (aka start of my next turn, which means that its pretty much your turn straight after that since my last 4 turns were easily under 2 minutes combined), you easily dragged every card you played by an unnessicary 8 seconds *Plays candy, waits 2 seconds, grabs gallade, keeps hand on it and plays the bouncy game for another 5 seconds before playing it*, you dragged out your prize selection, your deck searches, you cheated with the gardy thing but didn't even get a caution (even though that was the 2nd time you did it in the same tourny, with cess active too boot), and even though you were playing legal cards, 90% of them were definately stall tactics to buy you the match. I have sour grapes? Its a BR. I'm not some kind of point nazi, which is why I let you take back your misplays and game errors, even though they ALWAYS come back to bite me in the butt. And please. You're nice? Please go joke elsewere. Ya YOU'RE FAKE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lorfofflareons- Yeah thanks. I mean judges were there so if they felt penalties should be given out they could have obviously given them. Brian let me take most of my moves back. It wasnt blown out of proportion like brian stated but hes just maddd.

TODDakaESTEBAN- Thanks dont worry. Ima smash nats! That north-east! We takin ova!:cool:

Papi/Manny- Dog I aint even gotta give you a reply. Aint gunna waste my breath. Dont even deserve it.

Jason- Too bad ur nats is already over. :tongue: In all seriousness have fun with it. Its a good deck.

Gino, why were the first words you said when you walked out of the store related to stalling?

And second time you illegally Telepassed? I wish i was informed about the first time.

But now i have a list.

Gino, why were the first words you said when you walked out of the store related to stalling?

And second time you illegally Telepassed? I wish i was informed about the first time.

But now i have a list.
Yup, he also did it again Michelle just before the top cut. And Gino, seriously, not going to waste your breath? Guess the truth does make people stunned. And yes it was exactly how I described it. You literally took as long as you could for EVERY play. Not to mention you asking how long you had to set-up after game one was done, and then pretty much pushing that 2 minute mark to its limit.

Back