Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Giratina!

lordantwarrior

Quick question: In your opinion, which is the best regular Giratina?

Personally, I think the 2 non-holo versions from PT are garbage, since PT#28 (Dragonbreath) is flippy and overcosted and PT#27 (Strafe) is just nothing special. But out of the other 3 (PT#9 and 10 and the LA one) which one would you use and give reasons why.

I'm leaning towards PT#10 since it gives plenty of options and could combo well with the Lv.X (Over Slash is a devastating attack, and combos with the X's spread attack). Just imagine using a couple of Over Slashes, then laying down the X and KOing several Pokes at a time with darkness lost. Not only that, but it's bye bye to the lost zone for any Pokes KOed, so there's no Pokemon Rescue or TSD for the opponent! (Until the inevitable card comes out with the power to bring cards from the lost zone to discard, because you know there will be one eventually :rolleyes:)

In favour of the LA Giratina, Brutal Edge could be an awesome attack, but the first attack (although decent) doesn't give as much as PT10 does, IMO (20 to benched as opposed to 10 complete spread to benched... I know which I'd choose).

As for PT9... Well IMO it does everything PT10 can do, but not as well, since the spread attack is flippy whereas PT10 is guaranteed (albeit less damage, but it's better to have guaranteed damage in the long run). The power... maybe some can see a use for it, but I personally have no use for a power that gives your opponent same benefits as you.

Discuss :thumb:

The cool thing about the Giratinas is that they are designed to plug-n-play into a deck that has a SPECIFIC theme (if you will)

Dark Wing Flaps Giratina goes well with a deck disruption deck
Broken Lost Zone Giratina goes well with a spread deck (imagine Gira X and Cressalia X ... moon skip AND lost zone...)
The other is just a slugger. I suppose it's desinged for straight slugging psychic deck w/ something like Gardevoir PT? Straight Giratina with the X dropping here and there whenever it comes along and free retreat / then move up energy...

I know your not trying to hear this, but it really depends on the build of the deck. Whether you're trying to tech it in and what function you need incorporated.

Are you kidding me?!?! #9 is the best by a MILE. It has the best attack, being able to do good direct damage and spreading, but the Poke-Power is what really makes it. Combined with the right cards, it is extremely disruptive.

Back