Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Glaceon LV.X

im9today

Is this card playable? Everyone seems to be cramming their decks full of Power Sprays and Mespirits, why not just play one card that can stop powers altogether? Glaceon seems to do the trick.

The Dialga G matchup, indeed, is Glaceon's essential auto-loss, especially if it uses Lucario GL. I ran into an SP deck with my Abomasnow/Glaceon deck in the semifinal of the Battle Road that I went to, and it was the worst matchup that I could have had among the other two finalists.

The problem with Glaceon Lv. X is that it can't get going until turn 2 at the earliest, and more likely turn 3, whereas Dialga G Lv. X is turn-one or turn-two. Speed is such a double-edged sword... or not! Additionally, it's a liability that it MUST be Active for the Body to work.

Actually, Glaceon lv. X can come into play turn 1 via Broken Time Space and Level Max.

Aside from the glaring Dialga G lv. X issues (weakness and Time Crystal), there are two other problems that plague Glaceon: none of the regular forms have exceptional attacks, nor does the lv. X, and the lv. X's HP is too low, even with the aid of Espeon. This unfortunate combination of poor attacks and low HP means that although the opponent will be slowed down and otherwise disrupted without Powers, you won't be KOing their Pokemon fast enough to prevent them from KOing your Glaceon within a few turns. You can Premier Ball it back, but then you have to get 3 more energy onto the next Glaceon just to do 70 to the active with Avalanche. If the opponent manages to get set up at all before the lock is put into effect, Glaceon is going to struggle a lot. It is also not hard for the opponent to set up enough to deal with Glaceon under the lock, due to Chatot, Cynthia's Feelings, Looker's, the SP engine, etc..

All that being said, I want to experiment with a list that runs Luxray GL lv. X and RR Glaceon. The strategy would be to use Luxray to drag up Claydol, retreat for Glaceon, level up, and begin doing 30 to whatever they're building on the bench. They would have to top deck into Warp Point or Switch to get Claydol back to the bench, or pay its retreat cost, and with Poketurns you could reuse the Luxray to put them in this dilemma repeatedly.

Actually, Glaceon lv. X can come into play turn 1 via Broken Time Space and Level Max.

Aside from the glaring Dialga G lv. X issues (weakness and Time Crystal), there are two other problems that plague Glaceon: none of the regular forms have exceptional attacks, nor does the lv. X, and the lv. X's HP is too low, even with the aid of Espeon. This unfortunate combination of poor attacks and low HP means that although the opponent will be slowed down and otherwise disrupted without Powers, you won't be KOing their Pokemon fast enough to prevent them from KOing your Glaceon within a few turns. You can Premier Ball it back, but then you have to get 3 more energy onto the next Glaceon just to do 70 to the active with Avalanche. If the opponent manages to get set up at all before the lock is put into effect, Glaceon is going to struggle a lot. It is also not hard for the opponent to set up enough to deal with Glaceon under the lock, due to Chatot, Cynthia's Feelings, Looker's, the SP engine, etc..

All that being said, I want to experiment with a list that runs Luxray GL lv. X and RR Glaceon. The strategy would be to use Luxray to drag up Claydol, retreat for Glaceon, level up, and begin doing 30 to whatever they're building on the bench. They would have to top deck into Warp Point or Switch to get Claydol back to the bench, or pay its retreat cost, and with Poketurns you could reuse the Luxray to put them in this dilemma repeatedly.

That's an interesting idea. I want to try that. Do you have any ideas what to do against SP matchups that don't run Claydol?

^^^^

You could tech in an infernape SP lvX to handle dialga G and some relicanth SV to snipe anything? Might be a little bit many different energies. That does seem to be the way to play glaceon though- bring up something that can't hurt you and THEN attack. Metagross LA does this too, but is a little less reliable (though not quite as susceptible to being power sprayed)

FLoaztel GL LV.X anyone? Just get 1 Glaceon LV.X active ASAP while building another one up on the Bench until the Active is KO'd and the lock will continue.

Floatzel and Glaceon completely folds to Dialga whereas at least Glaceon/Luxray might have a chance. Idk I'm gonna build it and test

4 Eevee RR
3 Glaceon RR
1 Glaceon Lv. X
1 Umbreon MD (Free retreat is needed with the low energy in this deck, and no weakness helps A LOT)
1 Vaporeon RR (Good tech imo, probably can be dropped if absolutely needed. But the surprise 60 is sick)
1 Flareon RR (Only thing I can think of that fits to beat Dialga)
2 Luxray G
2 Luxray G Lv. X (2-2 instead of 3-1 because I like the Eevee start better than Lux)
2 Crobat G (For that extra 10, since you are somewhat spreading)
1 Azelf
1 Uxie (I want 2, but bench space is cluttered)
2 Unown G
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

5 Water
4 Call
2 Rainbow

4 Rose
4 Bebe
2 Cyrus (The basic energy grabber, and the Poketurn is what you'll be needing a lot so I wanted to run this)
2 Energy Gain (Just in case you need to use Luxray for Kingdra or just damage in general)
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintence (Can probably be dropped to 1, only need it to grab back Eevee and Glaceon)
1 Luxury Ball
1 Aaron's Collection (Grabs back the waters, as well as Lux/Crobat)
4 Poketurn
2 Premier Ball (grab back the Lv. X from discard)

I'm seeing this deck have a couple of problems.

1. Low energy count, it's gonna suck having a perfect setup..minus the energy
2. Inconsistent starts. I think I'll be starting with a hand of unusable cards half of the time, Eevee with Poketurns and Energy Gains.
3. No solid draw except Claydol and Uxie, so if you get a bad start, you're stuck with it
4. Bench space. Your bench is generally gonna consist of Luxray, Umbreon, Eevee/Glaceon, Claydol, and Uxie, with Glaceon X active. Kinda hard to make room on the bench for Azelf and Crobat. We'll see
5. Matchups. Umm, I'm thinking this can beat a lot of stuff but it loses to Flygon and possibly Gechamp/Mother Gengar. I also have a feeling luxape will outspeed this, gonna need legit testing.
6. Low HP, I wanna fit Espeon but uhh yeah, have fun doing that. The low HP is gonna be a problem

Any ideas?

Just threw together a deck with Glaceon NidoQueen. Running 4 Rainbow and 3 Upper. Dawn stadium heals the dreaded place one damage from rainbow. seems to work fine... Also have the support of claydol / espeon / palkia g/ mesprit / azelf. Seems to work fine guys try it out!

I was thinking along the lines of the Vaporeon weakness and Glaceon is a bonus, because the Lv.X Dialga isn't always gonna be the one attacking, especially when they see I'm playing Flareon.

But Dialga only has to be in play for it to shut off bodies, you could probably drop the Umbreon

Just threw together a deck with Glaceon NidoQueen. Running 4 Rainbow and 3 Upper. Dawn stadium heals the dreaded place one damage from rainbow. seems to work fine... Also have the support of claydol / espeon / palkia g/ mesprit / azelf. Seems to work fine guys try it out!

Care to share a list?

This is a list I am using in Redshark. But it should have a higher chance at getting a T1 or T2 Power lock in real life as I tend to get screwed over 80% of the time.

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 18
Level-Up: 3
1 : Floatzel GL Lv.X, RR-104
2 : Glaceon Lv.X, MD-98
Stage 1: 5
2 : Glaceon, RR-41
1 : Espeon, MD-18
2 : Claydol, GE-15
Basic: 10
4 : Eevee, MD-62
1 : Floatzel GL, RR-4
1 : Azelf, LA-19
1 : Mesprit, LA-34
1 : Uxie, LA-43
2 : Baltoy, GE-60

TRAINERS: 32
Trainers: 17
2 : Night Maintenance, SW-120
4 : Poke Drawer +, SF-89
2 : Rare Candy, OP8-10
4 : Level Max, PL-107
2 : Super Scoop Up, MD-87
2 : Poke Radar, LA-133
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Supporters: 7
3 : Roseanne's Research, SW-125
4 : Bebe's Search, SW-119
Stadiums: 4
4 : Technical Machine TS-1, LA-136
Technical Machines: 4
4 : Broken Time-Space, PL-104

ENERGY: 10
Special Energy: 4
4 : Call Energy, MD-92
Basic Energy: 6
6 : Water Energy, DP-125

But Dialga only has to be in play for it to shut off bodies, you could probably drop the Umbreon

I'm saying that they are going to expect me to be running Glaceon/Umby, and put out the Lv. X. Then I'll evolve into Flareon and kill it. Once that happens, they aren't gonna be wasting the Lv.X on the next active Dialga right away because they are gonna want to have a Dialga active and a Lv.X on the bench. So most of the Deafens that will be actually hurting me will come between the first Dialga Lv.X, and the Second Dialga Lv.X, and it will be coming from a Dialga with no Lv.X in play for 2-3 turns. Plus the free retreat is a necessity

Total: 60 Cards

Pokemon: 18

Lvl Xs: 2
1 Glaceon Lv.X MD
1 Palkia G Lv.X PL

Stage 2s: 1
1 Nidoqueen RR

Stage 1s: 5
3 Glaceon RR
1 Espeon MD
1 Claydol GE

Basics: 10