Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Glen Bernie BR Report

SuicidalPikachu

H'okay, so i had like 3 hours of sleep the night before so i was really tired.. an hour and a bunch of tara is old jokes later we (aardvarks group) arrive in Glen bernie where we're hosting this BR. except there's 1 thing wrong... apparently the staff for Games, Comics, and stuff didnt get the memo that we needed to be in at 10:00. so we got to wait outside for an hour. I get registered and have my deck checked and by the time the tourney starts there's only 13 masters and we end up doing a mixed tourney anyways because there's 6 juniors.. o_O

I am playing Flower Power (Bell/plume) which i have been playtesting since the scanlations came out for them awhile ago.. here's the list.

Pokemon: 18

4 Oddish LA (psychic)
3 Gloom LA (Grass)
3 Bellossom LA
2 Vileplume LA

2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE

2 Chatot MD

Energy: 15

5 Grass Energy
4 Psychic Energy
3 Multi Energy
3 Call Energy

Trainers: 27

4 Bebe
4 Candy
4 Buck's
3 Roseanne's
3 Night Maintenance
3 TM-TS1
2 Warp Point
2 Pluspower
1 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Dawn Stadium

This other kid was playing my deck and i felt kinda proud, and like towards the end of the day i gave him pointers on his list.

Round 1: Me v Random Rogue

This guy was new to the game, he was playing something like Empoleon, Manectric, Eevee-lutions. i got set-up and was pounding for 120 a turn. he was nice though and i felt kind of bad.

1-0

Round 2: CLAYDONK v Random Lightning thing

by far my favorite match of the day. i start with baltoy and am like ZOMG im gonna get pwnt.. but i get out T2 claydol and start smacking with spinning attack +bucks and Pluspowers and get 4 KOs before he runs out of pokemon. "But never did you expect me to attack with CLAYDOL!!!"

2-0

LUNCH BREAK!!

All people who were playing from Aardvarks were 2-0 right now so that was kind of hawt. we go to this pizza place where we went at MD states because last time we went to some crappy Vietnamese place and didnt even get our menus for 20 mins so we booked it. So after having a few slices of Heart-attack pizza( we literally had to mop the grease of that pizza off with our napkins..) and fries, we go back to the store.

Round 3: Me v Empalkia

Palkia is like my LEAST favorite card in the format right now. I play against this deck every weekend at Aardvarks and it drives me insane. Even though i have water resistance he disrupts so much that the match-up is about 50-50. however, i basically donk him and save me 40 mins of head trauma..

3-0

Round 4: Me v Spread like Peanut Butter!

So, he's playing Froslass/Bronzong/Starmie and doesnt get the ideal set-up. i do ok and get my bells out and rolling. i end up having 1 prize left to his 3-4 i can't remember, but i warp point up his bronzong even though my claydols are gonna die because i needed the pinch KO. he double knocks my claydols and i KO his zong for last prize.

4-0

Round 5: Me v AMU

This guy is nice, and he's only been playing AMU for like 2 weeks. He makes some really key misplays and i roll through for 100 a turn.

5-0

TOP-CUT:

so i have Curse of the First and it annoys me to no end that i am playing Empalkia again... by this time i am like dead on my feet tired and i have to go up against the most aggravating deck of the day... anyways..

Round 1:

i get an ok start but he gets T2 Palkia and wrecks my start. i get some things up and get a couple early prizes but i cant touch the 2 things on the bench i really need to hit: Palkia or Mantine. He drags up my dols and snipes my plumes and bellossoms and i lose.

5-1

Round 2:

i start with 2 baltoys and i nearly cried (not rlly). he gets T3-4 palkia and i once again have to scramble to get my deck rolling. he brought out a fully powered, damageless Empoleon X, i come up with bellossom, evolve into a 2 Vielplumes which really hurt because i had 2 prized bells.. Buck's Training, Plus Power, Poison, and Burn him and he flips tails on burn. he's like wow and we laugh and then i lose.

fin.

Props:
Aardvarks winning 1st and 2nd in masters and seniors
My deck for being amazing
Heart attack Pizza
Mike for being the only person to beat me in the tourney
Tara is old jokes
Lazer Collection
Free WoW at the store

Slops:
Crappy Vietnamese restaurants
Palkia
having to sit outside for an hour
No Sleep
Palkia
Palkia
Palkia
Steelers losing to the Eagles :(

Last edited:
I kind of liked sitting outside. But that problem will be addressed.
It looks like you found the right deck for you (not that I never expected you wouldn't).
Keep up the good performance.

I'm eating at Subway next time. Pizza FTL

YA, EAGLES ONE (srry eagles fan). and u did a good job with that deck. i went 2-2 with a list almost like yours last saturday, and i am playing again today.

nice job!
im pretty sure i know who u look like but i forgot your name...
im coming to maryland if there is an opurtunity!

Hey, we ate at that Vietnamese place last year and thought it was really good (but the food DID take a while!)
Nice report!!

Back