Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Glen Burnie, Maryland 3-21-09

ninetales1234

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Are you ready for the battles? The Maryland State Championship in Glen Burnie is coming!

7476 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard
    Glen Burnie, MD 21061

• Time: March 21, 2009
    Registration @ 10:00am
    Round One @ 11:00am
    Late players will be given losses for the rounds they missed- no exceptions. Through our TO experience, our group has become increasingly efficient in setting up and organizing tournaments. Expect us to start on time. Show up, even if you will be late- remember, Premier events are free; you have nothing to lose! Late entry does not affect your Premier Rating.

• Contacts:
    Games and Comics and Stuff website: http://gamesandstuffonline.com/
    aardvarkvcg
    ninetales1234

• Format: Modified-Constructed
    There will be deck checks. Make sure your deck is Modified-legal the first time.
    Click here to see what sets you may use for your deck.

If you don't have enough Modified-Legal cards, remember, this is a retail venue: buy some! If you are having trouble, please talk with tournament staff. They will make sure you're good to go.:smile:

• Tournament Style: Age Modified Swiss + Single Elimination

• Admission: Free!

• Prizes:
    -1st: 36 boosters, trophy
    2nd: 18 boosters, trophy
    3rd: 8 boosters, trophy
    4th: 8 boosters, trophy
    5-8th: 4 boosters
    -More prizes, TBA.
    -This is a Premiere Event so you will be playing for a Premiere Rating.

• Make sure you come with:
    -Something to write with (to record your wins/losses)
    -Damage counters and coins (or dice) for coin-flipping.

• Additional Info: Don’t forget to be there on time and don’t forget your POP ID#. If you haven’t become a POP member yet, come early so we can sign you up and give you a POP ID#. Membership is free. If you have any questions about this tournament, post in this thread or PM me.

Last edited:
You can expect to see all of us there. :)

Wait... 4th place gets a stupid trophy this yr!?????:mad:

I now feel COMPLETELY cheated on getting 4th last yr with no 3rd/4th playoff and no trophy. :(

If you don't have enough Modified-Legal cards, remember, this is a retail venue: buy some! If you are having trouble, please talk with tournament staff. They will be make sure you're good to go.:smile:

That reminds me, I wanted to know whether there would be a problem with me lending out decks to anyone who didn't have enough legal cards. I assume it would be fine, but it probably would detract from theme deck sales, so I'm not sure.

If this is allowed, I've got several "newbie kits" (Modified legal deck, completed decklist, card sleeves, damage counters, dice, deckbox, and playmat and rulebook if needed) that I could bring, if it would be any help. They're all designed to be replaceable, so no big deal if some kid forgets to give something back.:cool:

BTW Nick, I am judging this one, right? You haven't contacted me about anything yet, so I just wanted to make sure.

DPika, you've felt completely cheated about it all year, apparently. Let it go already, sheesh.

Last edited:
You can expect to see all of us there. :)
Great.
Maybe I'll get some more surprises at deck checks.

Wait... 4th place gets a stupid trophy this yr!?????:mad:
I now feel COMPLETELY cheated on getting 4th last yr with no 3rd/4th playoff and no trophy. :(
There is no 3rd/4th playoff this year either.
That reminds me, I wanted to know whether there would be a problem with me lending out decks to anyone who didn't have enough legal cards. I assume it would be fine, but it probably would detract from theme deck sales, so I'm not sure.
Oh yeah, go ahead.

If this is allowed, I've got several "newbie kits" (Modified legal deck, completed decklist, card sleeves, damage counters, dice, deckbox, and playmat and rulebook if needed) that I could bring, if it would be any help. They're all designed to be replaceable, so no big deal if some kid forgets to give something back.:cool:
I wish I had some of these at my Battle Road in 2007.

BTW Nick, I am judging this one, right? You haven't contacted me about anything yet, so I just wanted to make sure.
As a matter of fact, you were the first to ask. I'll make sure to contact everybody in the next few days. Thx for reminding me.

ixidor89 said:
Wow, I may actually be able to get to this one...
Win

Awesome, in Glen Burnie again!

I had a blast last year at states and look foward to it again!

Ice Skating after tourney!

I don't need a list. :cool:
I more need an extremely viable deck. I don't know which deck to play. If I did know, I could make a list.

I might play Deltacircle.dec though. :biggrin:

Oh yeah, go ahead.

I wish I had some of these at my Battle Road in 2007.

As a matter of fact, you were the first to ask. I'll make sure to contact everybody in the next few days. Thx for reminding me.

Okay, great.

Yeah, and LMK if there's anything I should know about SoMD tournaments in particular, 'cause Rockville and VA tournaments always seem to do things differently.

I don't need a list. :cool:
I more need an extremely viable deck. I don't know which deck to play. If I did know, I could make a list.

I might play Deltacircle.dec though. :biggrin:

You're playing *whispers currently nonexistant deck name to Octillery*. Tested since around October and currently 27-8 = viable, right?:thumb::cool:

Yeah, and LMK if there's anything I should know about SoMD tournaments in particular, 'cause Rockville and VA tournaments always seem to do things differently.
I know from personal experience: when you have more staff, things do happen differently. 2 people covering 60 people isn't exactly my idea of fun--and that was league :redface:

Okay, great.

You're playing *whispers currently nonexistant deck name to Octillery*. Tested since around October and currently 27-8 = viable, right?:thumb::cool:

I hadn't gotten your PM at the time I typed this. I might play currentlynonexistantdeckname at VA and than Deltacircle.dec at MD.

Umm, I'm going to be there, but...

Awesome, in Glen Burnie again!

Wait, Glen Burnie was where MD States was last year?

Is it going to be in that same tiny room on the second floor with those glass display cases for walls?

The same room where there's basically no place to go after your match is finished if you want to hang around where the play area is?

Assuming we get a bump in attendance, do you really think that place can hold everybody who shows up?

Question mark question mark question mark?

Is it going to be in that same tiny room on the second floor with those glass display cases for walls?
It is not a tiny room. I would say the room is among the bigger rooms that we have in all regular venues of Maryland and Virginia.

The same room where there's basically no place to go after your match is finished if you want to hang around where the play area is?
Go downstairs into the store. I recommend that standings and pairings also get posted in the lower level so that people don't all rush to one place on the second floor to see the pairings. Players can see where they are paired if the are hanging out downstairs, and then go directly to their table.

Assuming we get a bump in attendance, do you really think that place can hold everybody who shows up?
Dream Wizards had 130 people in their play area for last year's Regionals. A lot of friends were made that day :rolleyes:

If the tables are given a different configuration and smart use of the two private rooms are done, I believe the store can hold just as many poeple that Dream Wizards did at last year's Regionals. We'll all make friends, but I think it is doable--again, if a better table configuration is accomplishable. Or, put the smallest division on the lower level. There's definitely enough foor space to move around some displays and put a few tables there.

I just hope the store has a way to open ALL of the windows or has another way of ventilating the rooms. :frown:

Last edited:
Umm, I'm going to be there, but...

Question mark question mark question mark?
Same place. Its not small and you can just go downstairs when you're done with your match.

Back