Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gliscor/Spiritomb for tommorows CC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forest Gump

Stratagy: Use glicor lvx to paralyze and poison them and bounce it back to your hand and send out spiritomb to lock them of there trainers.

Pokemon 23

Gliscor LVX x1
Gliscor x3 (LA)(No 5)
Gligar x4 (LA)( Light Poison)
Spiritomb x4 (AoA)
Claydol x2 (GE)
Baltoy x2 (SV)
Unown G x2
Unown Q x2
Uxie x1 (LA)
Azelf x1 (LA)
Chatot x1 (MD)

T/S/S 29

Roseanne's x4
Bebe's x4
SSU x4
Pokeblower x4
Pokedrawer x4
BTS x3
Prem Ball x2
Palmer's x1
Night Maintenance x1
Cynthia's x1 (LA)
Lux Ball x1

Energy 8
Call x4
Warp x2
Fighting x2

^ Yup, Mr. Mime for certain. Possibly a Shuckle SW tech would be nice as well. Another thing to consider - since you're running a lot of trainers, be wary of your opponent's Spiritomb/mirror matchups. Possibly run a couple of Cyclone Energy to counter your opponent's Keystone Seal. Can be hell annoying.

hey i beat a glictomb deck i one shot his gliscor that was on the bench with empolieon x's hydroimpact but he had another but that one on the bench but the one i got had a energy on it but i still won.

the above poster needs to be given the random poster of 2009 award cuz that just came out of nowhere and frankly it made me laugh lol
@ forest gump maybe add 1 or 2 more fighting energy???

i dont really think i need more fighting energy because i hardly ever use pester or night slash

but should i take out for the MR. mime

Why would you want a Mime? The staple of this deck is to Paryalyze & Poison you every turn. You drop the X on your active, your opponent is now Paralyzed & Poisoned. Then you use burning poison (for no energy cost), and return Gliscor & all cards attached back to your hand. Then you bring up a Spiritomb w/ a Q attached. Your opponent can now not play any trainers (warp or switch especially) to get out of being Paralyzed. The only way to get out of this lock is 1. die by poison or burn 2. play a warp or cyclone energy 3. use a pokepower from one of your bench that can help you (Gardy X's Teleport for example) 4. have Dialga G lvl X on your bench. Otherwise, your toast.

One suggestion to help your deck, try to work in a Luxray & the X so you can bring up one of your opponents Pokemon that you would want to lock - preferrably something that is fully evolved, or a basic.

This build for the most part is fine, a few things though, you want to start with spiritomb, so why play 4 gligar? You only need three gliscor's out at the most, also unown G should be a tech you're using against if your opponent should attack with chatot, and that shouldn't be happening a lot so the G is not that important. Also I know it sounds sort of bad, but BTS is really essential to the deck, and I think you should run 4. As for the extra spot, running a great ball would be nice, this deck does need a lot of basics out really fast.

So essentially:
-1 Gligar
-1 Unown G
+1 BTS
+1 Great Ball

For my build it would be this:
-1 Gligar
-1 Unown G
-1 Cynthia's
-2 Warp

+1 BTS
+4 Great Ball

Although I am considering warp energy in case spiritomb does get locked into active, so I could see myself going 2 and 2 on the great ball and Warp.

As for what Banzai suggested with Luxray, when I first made a glisctomb build, I designed it to get prizes as well as locking, with poison and crobats. The luxray was to keep a constant GoW working so that the opponent wouldn't bring up an unevolved pokemon to get past the paralysis, and the crobat was to get around pokemon with odd hp, because you also needed the poison to KO your opponent's active when it became your opponent, or else they would be ready to attack on their turn. I still ran unown K for when my opponent figured out what I was doing, I never let anything get KO'd until I was ready to bring up another pokemon to lock. But to come back to the point, Luxray is for this kind of build when you need plenty of GoW support, but if you're just going for the lock then pokeblower's should be enough, although it would be interesting to switch it out.

Such as:
-4 Pokeblowers

+1-1 Luxray
+2 Poketurns

To make your build into what I originally had it would be this:

-4 Pokedrawers
-2 Warp Energy
-1 Gligar
-1 Unown G
-1 Chatot

+1 BTS
+4 Poketurn
+1-1 Luxray
+2 Crobat

The idea isn't exactly to win via prizes, but just to make sure that your opponent doesn't win because they got some early ones.

Point taken. :/ I'm still in my Shuppet Donk mentallity of stalling. >>;

I'm going to agree with Sabett's changes here; 3 Gligar, 4 Spiritomb.
It makes since in shuppet, it's just that here it's important to keep the lock going on, they already can't attack it's them playing trainers to not attack is the issue. Although glisctomb does have an issue with getting set up, and losing prizes to fast decks that Mr.Mime could fix. It would be interesting to see what running 3-4 Mr.Mimes and 2-3 Spritombs. It would be worth testing.

I play tested the deck with luxray and crobat but didn't do so well.I spent most of my time trying to get out luxray and slowed me down and i was having crobats in my hand but no bench space so i was always stuck with poketurns.:nonono:

any more comment's :rolleyes:

Actually i run this deck as well, w/ a lot of other changes. For example i had the wonderful unown q which allows for free retreat on spiritomb. Also i place plus powers and expertbelts in order to do damage. Also one pokemon i greatly consider for bench protection is Manectric (w/ pulse barrier). Just give it bench sheild then boom, bench safe! Also weak points i come across is the supporter Lookers investigation, Mr. Mime, Palkia G, metagross, & simply your opponent evovling, or leveling up, Either way, I love this combo of burning, paralyzing, poisoning, & doing 10-60 damage, all for no energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back