Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Global Link Ranking

TheRolesWePlay

What's everybody's opinion on the PGL's Ranking system?

I've found it pretty great as a great resource to see what's popular and gather ideas for Pokemon to build. I was surprised just how in depth it can be, and have found some great insights into what to expect, such as Aegislash commonly running Shadow Ball in Special Battles.

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/3/

Last edited:
I found out that I'm really bad at XY. I tried ranked but everything is so overwhelming for my team to handle its just not fun. I also tend to have the worse luck ever against others. Aegislash on the other hand with that base 150 attack/special attack. I just assume they all run shadow ball, which is good because I can switch my pidgeot in on it.

I found out that I'm really bad at XY. I tried ranked but everything is so overwhelming for my team to handle its just not fun. I also tend to have the worse luck ever against others. Aegislash on the other hand with that base 150 attack/special attack. I just assume they all run shadow ball, which is good because I can switch my pidgeot in on it.

You are probably really bad because you use pokemon you like instead of competitive pokemon.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

You are probably really bad because you use pokemon you like instead of competitive pokemon.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

A lot of pokemon I use are competitive. I'm a lot better at 6v6 and not bring 6, pick 3. Mega Pokemon are also making it hard for me to play, mostly because none of the pokes I like have megas. Just a lot needs to be fixed.

Whoops, I should have been a little more specific.

I meant the ranking that can be found on the Pokemon Global Link website. It displays the top players who participate in Ratings battles, but also shows stats for different Pokemon, such as the top Pokemon used, the attacks that they use, the common equipped items, natures, and abilities, even the most common Pokemon used in battle alongside it, and the Pokemon that commonly beat and are beaten by any specific Pokemon.

It's split into 6 different sections, All matches, singles, doubles, triples, rotations, and special (VGC)

Again I find it to be a really cool resource that can give a really neat insight into the meta while not just spelling things out for people looking for Pokemon to use. (I'll go ahead a link to it in the first post.)

Back