Glue-it's a deck that sticks!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by secretsof2113, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

From the release of MD and the eeveelutions, I knew I wanted to run something with them. I was going to run a Glaceon Variant at our BR, but got my Leafeon Lv. X in the mail just in time, so I was able to run this deck.

Pokemon: 21

4 Eevee (CFF)
    2 Glaceon (Snow Cloak)
    2 Glaceon Lv. X
    2 Leafeon (Bind down)
    2 Leafeon Lv. X
    1 Umbreon
    1 Espeon
    2 Baltoy
    2 Claydol
    3 Chatot

Trainers: 21

2 warp point
    2 windstorm
    2 team galactic's mars
    1 steven's advice
    3 celio's network
    2 Night maintenance
    4 dusk ball
    2 roseanne's research
    1 TGW
    2 Professor Oak's Visit

Energy: 18

5 water
    5 grass
    4 DRE
    1 basic dark
    2 call
    1 scramble

This exact build got me 2nd at a battle road this weekend, so I feel that it does have some serious potential. I've learned you really have to change your strategy based on what sort of deck you are playing against. If I play against a deck of heavy hitters, I go to get leafeon ready as fast as I can, and hit hard with it. If I see something that relies on powers, or something i want to snipe out on the bench, I hit with Glaceon. Espy and Umby are really used to add to the strength of my attackers. I feel the deck runs very consistently. The trainer line seems pretty solid, although I'd love to put in a TSD over night maintenance if i had one. I've considered cutting out the basic dark and adding another windstorm, since crystal beach and cess crystal hurt this deck a bit. I was able to get around them with the two in my deck, but three seems like it may be better. I'd love thoughts on this deck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.