Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gojira v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otaku

I had a similar deck I was tyring for Neon... well, a similar theme anyway. The idea is to constantly heal your big hitter. I used Expedition T-Tar then, so I thought I'd give it a go now. Here's the deck:

21 Pokemon
4 Larvitar (E1)
4 Natu (E3)
2 Pupitar (E2)
3 Tyranitar (E1)
4 Xatu (SS)
2 Wynaut (SS)
2 Wobuffet (SS)

19 Trainers
2 Ancient Ruins
3 Copycat
3 Desert Shaman
2 Rare Candy
3 Lum Berry
1 Power Charge
2 Switch
1 Town Volunteers
2 Warp Point

20 Energy
4 Boost Energy
4 Darkness Energy
12 Psychic Energy

Strategy: T-tar biiiiiiiig. T-tar hit active hard, and hit bench too! Xatu heal much damage. Ffet hand Fighting Pokemon, and Muk ex. Pupitar handle Slaking. Smash good! Desert Shaman add hand denial, annoying when T-tar gets going. *grunts*

Last edited:
Interesting premise. I have that Tyranitar and, while I've never built a deck around it, I can tell by looking at it that it's a formidable card. I think you could probably stand to lose 2 Psychic Energy, probably for either two Power Charges or one Power Charge and one Tyranitar. If you do the latter, also consider using a 2/2 split on the Tyranitar (AQ and Exp). Either way could work, depending on if you want the disruption you can get with AQ Tyranitar. Also, using 2 Solrock over Wynaut/Wobbuffet might be a good idea (probably using the other two spaces for Trainers, probably Potions, Moo-Moo Milks, or one more each of Switch and Warp Point), but Wynaut/Wobbuffet also works. I'm actually leaning toward sticking with them. However, if you do switch to Solrock, drop 6-8 Psychic Energy for Fighting Energy. For your Stadium, I'd say either Mirage Stadium or Ancient Ruins. Ancient Ruins may be weak draw, but it is still draw, and with such a low Supporter count, you're more likely to be able to use it than your opponent is. As far as Oran Berry, I'd stay stick with it -- removing damage counters will probably help more in the long run than removing Special Conditions. Also, since you're running Desert Shaman, it'll be helpful because Oran Berry can be on the field before it's used. Otherwise, I would usually reccomend switching to Potion or Moo-Moo Milk. On Natu, go for the SK version, since it can disrupt your opponent's Energy. Use the AQ Pupitar and Larvitar, since each can function without Fighting Energy. I think this deck has a lot of potential, especially against a Gardevoir/ex deck, considering Tyranitar's Resistance and HP.

Hey, that decks sounds awesome.

If you go with dkates' fixes, and go Aq Tyrannitar. I suggest the Dragons' Absol, that with the Tyrannitar could for a deadly combo.

Ultramew said:
Hey, that decks sounds awesome.

If you go with dkates' fixes, and go Aq Tyrannitar. I suggest the Dragons' Absol, that with the Tyrannitar could for a deadly combo.
I don't like AQ T-tar. It's not so great: if it were not dependent upon SPecial energies (and thus was usable in like a mono Fighitng deck that I could then ERS or TV disarded cards back into deck/hand). I will not be using it. I am using the Expedition one because it has a useful power, hits hard, and does bench damage.

Gr8 job Otaku! This one really takes the cake! The only change I would make is lowering Xatu line to 3/3 and Making the Wubba line 3/3. Talk to ya later!
-Swampert

One of my friends is playing this with another big hitter, can't remember who it is. They totally work. I would keep the wobb line the same and the xatu the same. 4 is a great number. Absol is a great card too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back