Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gold and Silver Remake?! EDIT: NOW CONFIRMED.

Prodigiosus

"As reported a few hours ago, Pokemon Sunday's website says that on next Sunday's episode, there will be a major, world-first announcement. This announcement is going to take place during the show's "Pokemon Game Arena" portion, meaning it is related to the Pokemon video games. Obviously, the announcement is pertaining to a new game, since there is nothing "major" left to reveal in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

On the Pokemon Sunday episode that aired today (it's Sunday in Japan), the cast and crew pointed to two decorations hanging from the ceiling. What were the decorations? Gold and silver party balls, which subsequently broke open to release confetti.

Putting together all of the hints we've received over the past year or so, this upcoming Pokemon Sunday announcement, and the gold and silver party balls, it's fairly obvious that a Gold and Silver remake announcement is coming next weekend on the show."

What an surprise! Gold and Silver remakes! No one predicted this!

The official Japanese Yahoo website has officially confirmed the existence of Gold and Silver remakes. The games are to be titled Heart Gold and Soul Silver. According to Bangiras, the article states that the games are a remake in the same vein as FireRed and LeafGreen were a remake of Red and Blue. The only other fact the article states is that the games will be graphically improved.

Credits goes to Poke-Beach for the information.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
We all knew it would happen. i saw the screen shots of the episode shortly after it aired in japan and i was like "I KNEW IT!"

I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, there *are* countless clues to a G/S remake on the way, but there have been so many speculation news articles and fake box art that I won't get my hopes up until it's official :(

People are so caught up in the fact of remake it is obstructing their view of reality

So, just because its gold and silver does not prove anything. Maybe it was just there in remembrance. Just because you see stuff on TV and then people on the internet say that it will be true does not make it so. People are just so caught up in wanting a remake that they see anything that is related to GSC as a remake announcement. This news is purely speculation and is probably fake like the other GSC remake stuff. People settle down Platinum hasn't even been out for two months enjoy that. Its not a wise business move to release another game in a franchise so close to the most recent release, it divides the market and usually lowers sales of both. And since Pokebeach has never revealed sources (sources who have been leaking company info ILLEGALLY) we never know what they claim is real or fake. Also what hints? Because you see two colors makes a new game come out, yeah right.

We should just wait and see. But it would be a smart move by nintendo. They know fans want that remake, and they know it will sell millions, and now it's a pretty good time to release them, in this recession.

ya, i loved playing my crystal version, and would love to have a gold/silver/crystal version. hopefully it isn't DSi only.

Now to see if it is a game in it self or the remake will be game for the DSi.
The best Gen is making its come back.

There are no games specifically made for the DSI. All DSI/DS games will be labeled as DS.
Know what the DSi points are for by any chance then?

You know what guys. I'm gonna laugh if next weekend they don't announce a G/S/C remake and it's just something about Ash's mom for mother's day. I mean I want the remake just as bad as everyone else does and crystal was the first pokemon game i played but it doesn't seem very realistic that they would announce something like this on a holiday.

I seriously hope so - G/S/C was by far the best gen of gaming. If the improvements are anything like FR/LG, this will be great.

[gal=45049]Hidden GOLD image[/gal]
[gal=45052]GOLD and SILVER party balls[/gal]
[gal=45051]look at the blurred images in the back[/gal]

if you look at that final image with the two blurred images, if you look to the left of the left image, i can make out the NintendoDS image found on all DS games, and the fact that the images are gold(left) and silver (right) makes me think that we are going to get the GS remakes.

And if you carefully those man at the back are dressed in silver!
That is another sign! XD

And can anyone translate what's written on those images?
Or is it just that they are going to reveal something big next week?

People settle down Platinum hasn't even been out for two months enjoy that

It's been out since September in Japan...Definitely long enough for an announcement.

This would be awesome, but how would they handle things like Aipom--->Ambipom, because Aipom can learn Double Hit in it's standard moveset?

What was ever inside the GS ball??

Celebi, but that has nothing to do with the Video Games, if I recall correctly.

My favorite generation as far as the Video Games is Gold and Silver, however a lot the things that were popular for those games, seem likely it wouldn't be able to be transferred to Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum or they would of been hacked, unless they are going to make it so that you can download content that allows more items into the game. As far as I know there is no code for all the Poke Balls that were originally in G/S.

Drew

Wow. I've been waiting for this remakes since DP came out. I bet it took Gamefreak a while to remake GSC because of the DS graphic engine and they wanted to really give Johto/Kanto a very good facelift. I'm so psyched for the big announcement! :Biggrin:

BTW, thanks for posting those pics, ultimatedra. Just more or less confirms that GSC is on its way.
~Cyber~

What was ever inside the GS ball??
in japan, the GS ball was used to get celebii. it was never added to the american game, so the only way to get celebii was the pokemon 10th aniversery thing in '06.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm uber excited at the prospect of a G/S remake, and even moreso excited at the prospect of a November o9' release date (marking the 10th anniversary of G/S).
I'm curious to know how long they've been working on the project and how well they're going to bring everything from the originals over to the DS.

Back