Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gold Star Prices

Swordfish1989

Hi guys,

Would you pay these prices for these Gold Stars knowing they were Mint? By Mint I mean if you got it graded, it would likely get a PSA 9, 8 at worst.

Torchic - 50
Regirock - 45
Latios - 80
Jolteon - 35
Charizard - 90
Celebi - 35
Alakazam - 35

Thoughts? Good buys or terrible?

Note that I don't really trust ebay completed listings on this too much because most sellers either 1) when referring to condition say Excellent/Awesome/Great which is ambiguous and 2) Even the ones who say M/NM can be wrong; as evidenced by their photos.

Professional opinions welcomed!

EDIT: If anyone is curious, I've seen these cards in person and they do look like they were just pulled out of a pack. I do not intend on grading them.

I'd say closer to 35-40 on Regirock, 25-30 on Alakazam, and 30 on Jolteon. Others look pretty spot on though.

If you'd asked a few months ago, I would have said around $40 for the Mew. There seems to be a bit of a spike recently though, so I'd say $50 would be fair for a mint one.

how much is a registeel star worth beacuse im going to trade it for a Blastoise (Boundaries Crossed 31) for my blastoise keldeo deck. is it worth it?

Thanks Houndoom! Will try to haggler

shiny mewtwo - That's a terrible trade. Check ebay to see for yourself; Blastoise is like a $5, Registeel Star is at least like $35-45 if NM/M

I just looked back at my Pokebeach trade thread, and one of my trades was a Rayquaza* for Magnezone Prime, Cleffa, Pokemon Collector, Rare Candy from mewyoshi of PokeBeach.

Brings back memories of starting to play competitively in the HGSS-era. ._.

Edit: And what's worse was, I got scammed by him.

If you have a genuinely mint Rayquaza*, you're not unreasonable at all to expect between $150 and $200.

I did a bit of looking around and wow, I'd say you're right.
I suppose that's bound to happen when one of the best gold stars is printed on such bad quality cardboard. Pretty happy I got mine for $90 now.

Anyone know what a mint Mew* is going for? I just happen to have one.

Gold star prices have been either stagnant or dropping from my observation. With the exception of Rayquaza, Latios and Latias.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky to pull a rayquaza gold star, video will be on my youtube in on the 13th. I really want to pull a charizard for myself .. 0 luck on the dragon frontiers packs though

Gold star prices have been either stagnant or dropping from my observation. With the exception of Rayquaza, Latios and Latias.

They might fluctuate over weeks or even months, but if you check 'price check' threads on gold stars from 3 years ago you'll notice all prices went up; Rayquaza most significantly.

Back