Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Goodbye Pokemon

Rainbowgym

Goodbye Pokemon (how a game is killed)

This way I like to thank all Profs and TO’s who tried to support us the past year.
The 3 remaining modified tournament organizers overhere decided to quit OP.
There is nothing done for us and we are sick and tired of the whole situation.

We are not willing to put anymore money and time in a game which awards us with ignorance, accuses us of being destructive and a distributor who is not treating players equal.
The last years we have rented on a weekly base and on our own costs a place to play, we never got a single leaguekit as support.
We kept the format alive, because without us nobody plays modified in this country anymore.
There are no experienced judges, TO’s only a few WotC timeperiod players/TO’s left who only play unlimited with old rules.
Nationals are going to be a disaster just like the CC I played in last week, because of this. But no-one seems to care.

Not only our distributor is to blame for this situation. Most of all PUI is the one.
By not giving National Distributors a structure how to organize events and pointing out floorrules, taking care that indeed international players get the same/equal rewards for playing they are killing this game.

We tried and tried the last 8 months to explain that things should be arranged different. That rules should be pointed out and followed.
But all we got was the same message every time.
Contact you local distributor and we will not let our distributors fail.
Without the support of volunteers, distributors will fail no matter which company is behind them.

There is no need anymore for us to mail to any of these parties, they are not willing to listen. And not polite enough to answer.
I’m sorry for all my players, they will not appear in the ranking as it looks now, while I have the nr 1 of the world at my club. She was nr 1 until the rankings went down, worked very hard for it and special for her I was putting all the time in this.

For my players I was begging around to get badges/promo’s. Bought them sometimes on ebay, just to award them for their presence and let them know they are as much wanted as every US player.

Now I’m finished with this, I will not try to get them those materials. I will not pay the rent of the place anymore. If they want to play they can call me and come to my house.
I will not arrange transportation for them to go to a bad arranged/announced Nationals or Pre-release.
It takes to much of my energy and if only my players were treated equal I would go on, but nothing seems to point in that direction.

We overhere will be on the sideline and not because we want it, but because we are driven to it.
I will follow the international announcements and prizestructures and will try not to puke when I see the difference in what it should be and what it is. ( Like the CC I won, international page nr1 wins a boosterbox, real live you get 1 booster).
Complaining and ask explanation about things by mailing PUI/POP or distributor didn’t solve anything.
Posting in these boards also didn’t help (and these boards are seen by PUI staff you all know that very well).

So if anyone has a single good reason for me to stay aboard I will listen, but for now I’m only very disappointed and sad that it went this way.

Lia van Bemmelen
the Netherlands.

Last edited:
See my reply in tournament section. If it will help I will gladly mail you out a few of my league's promos if you email me at [email protected] I know its not much but it may help! Wish I could do more!

Thanks for the offer, but at this time I don't want to use it.
I managed to get materials for our 80 players the last year, but now I quit it.
It's almost impossible to get them equal for all of them.

It's a choice I made and I made it to protect my players from the differences.
Thanks that most of them don't read English to visit the official website, otherwise I had so much more to explain what I can't explain.

This situation is the choise of PUI/POP and the distributor and I keep them responceble for the flow out of pokemon into yugioh.
I can't help it, I tried all I could and now I'm out of energy.

Does it count as the distributors failing if they lose the best people in their countries?

There is more happened the last 2 days.
When I can write without being angry and disappointed I will post again.

Li@

Im truly sorry to hear what is going on acroos the water. And i wish there was somehting we could do to help you.

Im truly sorry to hear what is going on acroos the water. And i wish there was somehting we could do to help you.

There is something you can all do and some of you already are .. thanks very much to those who have helped by sending aid packages of whatever league materials and extra promos are not used at you league or tourneys.

PM or email me if you have any materials to offer, we do share amongst ourselves in Europe so your cards could land in Italy or Holland as well as the UK :)

When League kits are scarce with 6 weeks between them, incomplete and small we need all the help we can get :(

We are especially looking for any badges, city and state championship promos you may have and any league promos at all .. whilst we can each donation will receive a thank you from us but since our OP promos are running out too we don't know how long that can last either :(

The CC's are going down well over hear but without the league and regular local OP there will eventually be no feeders to the bigger tourneys... I am hoping that in the rush to complete CCs and Nationals our distributors and PUI have just lost some focus but I am not sure that is completely true.

We keep hearing that PUI are not sending the support, it's late again and a hundred other delaying excuses.. what we really need is help now and I know my league is only kept alive because of your donations.

Thanks all who have sent help for making my bunnies happy and content and mostly unaware of the problems we are having ..

Last edited:
Yes, also a thank you from our side. We recieved last tournament a donations of promocards and badges.
Which gave a great hurray under our players.
Next Grand Tournament we will use the remaining Target Promo's as prizes, the badges have already new proud owners and we sure need more of them.
I will announce it later this week and again hoping for help, because we don't get anything from the official source.
( I really didn't want to ask for help anymore, but on the other side I can't let our kids down)

If anyone has badges we can use those even better than promocards.
Our players are 75% under the age of 10 and love badges.

Last edited:
RainbowGym - I dont blame you at all. It is such a shame that is happening. Without such a support and prize structure I probably would have quit too. Look at what other TCG's offer. For example the new Marvel VS. has a One million dollar Pro-Tour and the last Qualifier there was $10,000 up for grabs. With the way the economy is I dont blame you at all for not shelling out all that dough for rent and not to purchase league materials off of E-bay anymore. Why not just switch to a different game that offers and will assist you better?

PM me your e-mail and I'll see what I can do to scrounge up some Target Promos and send them too you. Good Luck with everything.

Back