Great Lakes Regional Championships

Date: April 14th 2007

Play begins at: After Registration and Deck Checks are finished

Cost for main Tournament: FREE!!!!

Tournament Location:
The Pines Banquet Hall
5211 S. Occidental Rd.
Tecumseh, MI 49286

All Ages Welcome!! Pokemon Organized Play is featuring three age brackets for the Main Tournament play. The age divisions are as follows: • Junior Division: Born in 1996 or later • Senior Division: Born in 1992, 1993, 1994 or 1995 • Masters Division: Born in 1991 or earlier

Everyone who signs up for the event will receive a special promo card that is only available at one of these events! These are only while supplies last!!

Main Tournament Format

You will need to bring a 60 card deck in order to play in main tournament.
The tournament will be age-modified swiss and you will be given 30 minutes in order to play each round.

Prizes
So what can you earn for winning? Top placers in each age group (see above) will receive the following:

1st place: ·
·A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Trophy
·A travel award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18), U.S. residents only, to the 2007 US National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio! Including a four-day admission to the Origins Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio
·A scholarship award worth $1500
·A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

2nd place:
·A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Second Place Trophy
·A scholarship award worth $1000 A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd place:
·A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Third Place Trophy
·A scholarship award worth $750. A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

4th Place:
·A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships Fourth Place Trophy
·A scholarship award worth $750 A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th & 8th place:
·A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

9th through 16th Place
A combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

Door Prizes
*Ipod Nano 2GB Silver
*Booster Packs
*Deck Boxes
*More TBA at Later Date

Side Event Formats Explained

Pokémon Modified-Single Elim Tournament

Players will need to bring there own Modified Legal 60 card deck. Players will play a number of rounds based on the number of participants.Cost: $5.00

More side events and prizes TBA

Hotel Information

Holiday Inn Dundee
100 WHITE TAIL DRIVE
DUNDEE, MI 48131
UNITED STATES

Hotel Reservations: 1 888 HOLIDAY (888 465 4329)
Hotel Front Desk: 1-734-5295100

The Holiday Inn Express Dundee Hotel at Cabela's, with the look and feel of a mountain lodge, offers a new standard in comfort and affordability. Featuring hand painted mountain murals, animals at every turn, and a cabin like decor, the Holiday Inn Express epitomizes the look, feel and class that is Cabela's.

Conveniently located in the Cabela's Retail Store development in Dundee, MI and adjacent to the new "Splash Universe Indoor Water Park" scheduled to open Spring 2007, the Holiday Inn Express-Dundee offers 110 deluxe guest room suites and 52 standard outdoor themed rooms, featuring Sealy Posturepedic mattresses. In the evenings relax and catch up on the day's activities using the free high-speed Internet available in every guest room. In the morning, the new Express Start breakfast with it's expanded selections will get your day started just right.

Visit Dundee, MI and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

*This is about 15 miles from the tournament location.

Note: This is right next to the new indoor water park that opens in March. More information on the water park can be found at: http://riverrun.splashuniverse.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holiday Inn Express
ADRIAN
1077 WEST US 223
ADRIAN, MI 49221 UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-517-2655700 | Hotel Fax: 1-517-2655700 X404

Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel of Adrian, Michigan. Upon entering our lobby you will see the pride we take in making sure each and every one of our guests are treated like family.

We provide a clean comfortable environment for your relaxing vacation or important business trip. From our indoor pool to our deluxe continental breakfast we are positive you will be satisfied with your stay here.

Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Visit Adrian, MI and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

*This is about 15 miles from the tournament location.

Last edited:
Grrr... I liked it when it was in Angola. Is the room as large?

Angola is a very hard place to get, its the cheapest room in the area and so they are booked thru 2009 I believe they said. I had a day for Regionals there this year, but I was a week off of when Regionals turned out to be, so I had to find another place this year. I have a date reserved there next year also, so it just depends on when Regionals are depends on if it will be there in 2008.

Size depends on how you look at it.

Angola's room was 106' by 56'. This years is 80' x 60'. However, actual play area and parent area last year was only 76' x 56' since my registration and staff area was in the middle of the room. This year my tables and stuff for sales and the comuters will have there own area that opens to the room we are playing in. They won't be in the middle of the room. So we technically have more room this year for the tournament area.

Did I mention there is an indoor water park about 15-20 minute drive from this location? We will also have pre-event stuff Friday night near where the Regional is being held, more info on that in a few weeks once we get all that set.

There will be food also for purchase at the tournament.

Last edited:
Updated Registration times and some local hotels. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Dundee and it is a very mice hotel. There will also be an indoor waterpark opening nearby this location in March.

This will mark the first time I've rented a hotel room to play Pokemon.

And no offense Derek, but I'm going to try to get a room without mice.

HOTELS AND LODGING INFORMATION

Players looking for lodging for the Great Lakes Regional have two options.
Dundee MI and Adrain MI
Lenawee County Visitor Info http://www.www.visitlenawee.com/html/home.html

I visited several of the hotels in the area and will review them below.

Dundee MI
Aprox 17 Miles to Pines Banquett Hall. (25 min drive)
Easy to get to from US 23 exit 17.

-Dundee is home to Cabellas Outfitters. http://www.cabelas.com Any parents or players who hunt or fish or camp should stop by. This store is amazing. The mountain and waterfalls and live fish swimming in streams throughout the store are worth the stop. Just east of US 23 is down town Dundee with a small collection of antique shops and the Silver Belles Christmas shoppe. This location has the following eateries.

US 23 Eateries:
El Mexicano Food and Spirits
Wilderness Bar and Grill
Bob Evans
Applebees
Lone Star grill
Arbys
Wendies
McDonalds
Taco Bell
China 1
Buscemis Pizza and Subs
St Julien Winerty outlet
Rusle Stover Icecream and candies
Coffe Beenery
Tamarak Cafe in Cabelas for snake and alligator and buffalo :)

Down Town Dundee Eateries:
Beef Jerky Inlimited
Tiffanys Pizza
Molly's Mystic Freeze
Subway
River Edge Pizza

Hotels at Dundee MI
Country Inns and Suits 4:pokeball: rated
Nice chain. Clean Mid/High Priced Hotel.
http://www.countryinns.com

Amerihost Inns and Suites:3:pokeball: rated
Pool some pets allowed. Fair Mid priced hotel
http://www.amerihostinn.com

Holiday Inn Express and Splash Universe 5:pokeball:
Very Nice. Aqua Park epected to be open April 1. Prices will be a bit higher then.
http://riverrun.splashuniverse.com/

Comfort Inn/Economy Innn/ Days inn 1:pokeball:
This property is in the middle of a franchise change.
Cheap and low end. The best of the grimy hotels in the area.

"DownTown Tecumseh MI
2.5 miles to the Regionals Facility

** Lindsay Family Favorites

Old Down Town:
Basil Boys - Great Pizza, Ribs and Chicken **
CowBoys Grill- Burgers and wet burrittos. **
Dobys Smokehouse - BBQ
Evans St Station - Top class dinning
Muks --yes named like the pokemon. Corner Sports Pub (not a kiddie pace)
Daily Grind- Coffee House **
Lev's Bakery. Sat great sweets, cakes cookies and breads. German Pretzles 9:30 am ******
British Tea Pantry- Sandwhiches and Tea
(Taco Bell East of Town)
Many nice small shops to walk and visit

West Side :
McDonalds
Wendys
KFC
Subway
BK
Foxs Pizza Den- flight decorated. Like planes?
Boomers Burgers- Greasy and tasty **
China Buffet
Brownies Pizza- Tacos Texmex Pizza etc
Sals- Pizza and Home cooking Italian **
Big Boy

Lodging:
Tecumseh Inn- This place seems to have a few semi's in the lot excpet for Race Weekends So I reccomend it only for Truckers and Nascar Fans. Dirty, smokey Not Reccomended

Adrian MI

South Side (MI 223 and 52)
Eateries and shopping
Walmart, Staples, KMart
Adrain Mall Food Court, Sears, JC Penney, Elder Bermans etc
Garfields Steaks (chain like applebees etc) **
Applebees
Red Lobster
McDs
Long John Silvers
Chinese Buffet
Country Skillett
Frickers Wings and beer **
Bob Evans

Hotels South Side

Holiday Inn Express 4 pokeballs
Clean mid to high range price

Super 8 2 1/2 Pokeballs
Seemed clean. Affordable prices

Down Town Adrian
Pizza Bucket *** Gotta have the cheesy bread
Ed's -Steaks, Angus Burgers Pub **
Alpha Coney Island - Diner with chili covered hot dogs as a specialty. College Student favorite

West Side Adrian
(this is a little off the beaten path)

No real food choices

Lodging:
Carlton Lodge' 3 Pokeballs. Seemed Nice. Clean. Some new remodeling.
Mid to high Priced

DAYS Inn: THIS IS A DUMP. DO NOT STAY HERE.

North Side Adrian:
6 Miles to Regionals site
No Lodging

eateries
McD
BK
Beaners coffe (and Tanning and carwash and laundry) (I am not kidding)
The Spotted Cow --Ice cream !! ***

Last edited:
Back