Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Greece Is The Champion (soccer)

mysterios

[CHRISBO EDIT - Fixed title to be more descriptive; wouldn't want anyone to think Greece is the champion of tiddlywinks or something (j/k) ;) ]

Hello i am Greek and with the company of 11 milion Greeks out if the streets i am celembrating. Whether you live in London whether you live in Greece if your Greek i know you are celembrating and you are out in the streats i only wish for more victorys for GREECE Eimaste pia prota8lites erxonte ales epoxes ... eoeoeoe pirame to kipelo to Eyropaiko .For all americans here 4 of july will now be remembered by Greeks too. Only 40 days to the Olympicks and for more victories to come.

I really want to see if their is anyone Greek here

Last edited by a moderator:
Un-be-lievable. I spent the first week of the tourney in Portugal - just missed the first match, though, Hosts vs Greece, the rep said if anybody wanted to walk to the hotel all they had to do was mention it. Seems it wasn't a fluke.

Since Ireland didn't qualify I was supporting my other main team, Sweden (don't ask. I just do). They got knocked out. Then I cheered England against Portugal. They got knocked out. Then I went for the Czechs. They lost to Greece. By now I knew I was bad karma.

I should probably have been cheering for Greece in the final; then the team I'd wanted to win - Portugal - actually might have. Still, what a result. The papers are shouting all the trivia. Greece started as 100-1 rank outsiders. They'd never won a game in a major tourney before now - NEVER. Now, they're kings of Europe. Greece. European Champions. It just sounds odd.

Fantastic. Nice one Greece!

They are talking about Football, or what us North Americans call soccer.

Greece won the European cup. (I forgot whats it called.)

Last edited:
Americans... :rolleyes:

The European Championships is the second-largest football... sorry, soccer tournament after the World Cup. And Greece won it. Which means they're technically better than England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Holland. Which means Greece can stare the likes of Brazil in the eye.

Which is danged peculiar from the point of view of anyone who isn't Greek.

Back