Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Groundbreakers delayed AGAIN?!!

Brawler

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
http://www.pokebeach.com/#groundbreakers-pokemon-tfg-delayed

WPM said:
Groundbreakers, the second Pokemon Trading Figure Game set, has been delayed once again. Instead of an official release during this fall, the new expected release date is March, 2009. This is probably the second or third time the set has been delayed.

What is going on with the Trading Figure Game? Are they ever going to get it out of limbo? It seems like someone messed up big time in the planning department. Come on, PUSA! Get it going!

poor, poor tfg.:nonono:

This is very disappointing. I think it is bad news that they are missing out on the holiday sales. I think Prime might be right - this is probably the end.

My youngest son loves to play the figure game. He even has a complete crystal set for the american version. It would be nice to see new figures sometime soon.

Someone has dropped the ball on this. A great opportunity has been missed to make this BIG.

Keith

From what I hear, this is not dead.
There will be a total revamp when they do get the next set out.

I agree though that they have killed all momentum and buried it 8 feet under.
I hope it can be ressurrected when they do finally come out with the next set.

Ouch...this sure does hurt me...a lot...ah well, i'd be happy if they'd just put more of the first set out on shelves...at least it would give me something, to hold me over.

Aarrgh! *bangs head on desk* What is it about the TFG that makes it consistantly epic fail?

You mean things like the game being too simple in its game board? Or maybe making the figures more durable?

They are trying to take the lead out of the paint.

J/K

In all seriousness, according to the distribution channels, PUI was putting out a boardgame version of TFG. Harden playing board, promotional clear Dialga/Palkia figures, 2-player starter sets were in the product description.

But I had doubts about this fall's release because PUI didn't bother displaying any TFG at '08 ComicCon (like they did last year at ComicCon and earlier this year at GAMA). In fact, they used black cloth to hide the spinner base of their gigantic Feraligatr and Charizard, pretending they are just giant Pokemon statues.

But what's funny is that e-tailers are continuing making money on pre-sales of Groundbreakers. I wonder if they give the customers money back, or they just hope the customers forget?

Harden playing board. Interesting. Still, they've delayed it over and over. I guess it doesn't matter how long they delay it though, it'll always be popular among anyone who likes Pokemon, especially the younger children. A few who learned from the first attempt will be cautious, but they'll be won back if the game continues 2 sets after Groundbreakers.

In fact, they used black cloth to hide the spinner base of their gigantic Feraligatr and Charizard, pretending they are just giant Pokemon statues.
They ran the demo of the TFG at Origins again, this time with Grandbreakers starter figures. There was also no covering of the spinner bases.

But what's funny is that e-tailers are continuing making money on pre-sales of Groundbreakers. I wonder if they give the customers money back, or they just hope the customers forget?
Don't they wait to collect money until after the merchadise is shipped?

Aarrgh! *bangs head on desk* What is it about the TFG that makes it consistantly epic fail?
It has a large miss area on its spinner base :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: *runs and hides*

I like it a lot but honestly I wouldn't mind them revamping it to make slightly more complex as I said before, if there was away to take the spinning out that would be ideal in my opinion.. or at least have more abilites and game play mech.

Anyone think that maybe it is not the fault of PUI, but maybe the supplier of the product?

I hope they are making the product better, which is the reason for the delays.

Go ahead, give up on the game - just makes it easier to find sets for me.

Anyone think that maybe it is not the fault of PUI, but maybe the supplier of the product?

I hope they are making the product better, which is the reason for the delays.

Go ahead, give up on the game - just makes it easier to find sets for me.

I'd have agreed with you, if this was the first or second cancellation/delay, it wouldn't have been PUI's fault since there could be all kinds of unexpected problems during the product life-cycle.

But when it's the 3rd or 4th 'unannounced' delay, it's pretty much showing a lack of professionalism.

Also, this continuous delay kills player interest, creates problem in supply chain, and dilutes product momentum. And it's ironic that the people who actually complains in this thread are most likely people who still care (or DID care, up to this point) about the TFG.

Most people just gave up on it a while ago (there was a lot more activities in this group at this time last year) and stopped bother dropping by.

I had a few people at my local league get interested again in the game a few months ago looking forward to the new set. Then it got delayed again, and they haven't spoken about it since. Just recently, I told them that it was delayed to 2009, and they just said, "figures".

HA! "FIGURES" HA!

Here is another theory, maybe Jakks is complaining TFG sales is eatting into their toy figures sales!

But then again, I blames Jakks for releasing all of the not-so-popular Pokemon figures.

WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY DARKRAI TOYS in the US?

NO DARKRAI = FAILED MARKETING!

Back