Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GS/SS Translations! Return of Rainbow Burn, and Elemental Blast for 200 damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

Well 8th April sees the release of two new products for Gs, Ss. New deck boxes that can hold 120 cards (I think....) and a binder featuring the Lugia and Ho-oh pic with the cool new starters pics on the back, it looks pretty cool methinks

Here are the pics from Pokemon-card.com:
Binder - I WANT THIS!!!!!
Deck Boxes

-------THE CARDS-------

Some info on Lugia ex and Ho-oh ex

Lugia ex
100HP Colorless Basic
Has a Body - (maybe limiting......)

(RWL) Elemental Blast 200
Discard 1 R, 1 W and 1 L energy card attached to Lugia EX

Weakness: P
Resistance: F
Retreat Cost: C

OMG!

Ho-oh ex
110HP Fire Basic
Has a Power

(CCC) Rainbow Burn 10+
Does 10 damage plus 20 more damage for each type of basic energy card attached to Ho-oh ex

Weakness: W
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: CC

Lugia ex and Ho-oh ex pics
Steelix ex and Tyranitar ex pics
Eevee and Vaporeon pics

Steelix EX
150HP Metal Stage 1 - Evolves from Onix
Has a Body
(MCC) Something? 70
Put 1 damage counter on Steelix EX
(FFCC) Like Volcanic Ash?

Weakness: RF
Resistance: GL (w00t)
Retreat Cost: CCCCC

Comments:
2 resistances, including Lightning...... 150HP Stage 1. Metal type (can reduce damage by 40...) the ultimate tank?

Last edited:
The new cards revealed look nice too. Seems Tyranitar Ex is resistant to psychic and Steelix Ex got a lightning resistance. Eevee looks a little fun but still nice to see that Eevelutions come back. Let us hope the Eevee lines are somewhat usefull this time.

Have you realized that the URL's aren't from the Pokemon site, but are from Photo Bucket. This may as well just be another April Fools joke. No one actually knows until tomorrow (though they do look very wicked awesome). :tongue:

Last edited:
Updated with Lugia ex and Ho-oh ex. Yes these are just Print Screens from Pokemon-card.com, I'm just hosting them to just have the pics. Its quicker and easier that way.

Got Steelix ex, there's also a Vaporeon.

how i wish lugia has these ablilities

lugia ex
(poke body or power i don care)
when u play lugia ex,move any no. of RWL from your pokemon and attach them to lugia ex and switch the active with lugia ex

[RWL] elemental blast 200 damage
discard RWL or this attack does nothing

PS: why ho-oh is not the one reprint from neo 3??? i want a dive bomb which cause 200 damage also!

Last edited:
DETAILS!!!!

Tyranitar EX:
First attack discards a special energy card (or more?) attached to the defending Pokémon. Cost = F and 30 damage
Third attack discards a card from the opponent's deck. Cost = FDC and does 70 damage
Fourth attack discards 3 cards from your own deck. Cost = FDDC and does 120 damage

Steelix EX
Body I think is Exoskeleton - will have to check
First attack puts a damage counter on itself. Cost = MCC and does 70 damage
Second attack I think might be..... Volcanic Ash-like? Not sure though....... seems broken

Ho-oh EX
Attack is Rainbow Burn. 10 + 20 for each type. Thanks to RR for the hint of the possibility, I can now confirmed this as true. Plus I think the power allows you to attach another energy.

Lugia EX
As far as I can make out, its straight 200 for RWL, one discard of each (like the Neo Gen one..... but for 200). But I suspect the Poké-Body is bad. I'll take a closer look

My japanese is TERRIBLE though - I'm using partly what I know of certain characters. Could possibly be all wrong, but I doubt it >______<

Last edited:
EDIT: Yes, you are right. I thought it looked like multiply, but upon closer inspection it is plus.

Ho-oh ex's attack:
(CCC) Rainbow Burn 10+
This attack does 10 damage plus 20 more damage for each type of basic energy card attached to Ho-oh ex

I want the binder too, its frikkin awesome :biggrin:

Last edited:
Y rainbowburn??? i want a dive bomb 200 damage!!

thanks for the info anyway,and also u zoom in the scans and read??

I can make out small bits of it, plus it says basically what the cards do in the text below. RR, Ludicolo has the Happy Dance copyrighted. He'll be seeing you in court.

Last edited:
Confirmation on Lugia ex, the attack definately is Elemental Blast :p

EEVEE DETAILS
Power: Searches for a card that evolves from it, I think it needs an energy of that type attached - also works for Multi or Rainbow though, there's no mention of basic in there.
Attack: C does 10 lol

VAPOREON DETAILS
Attack 1: W does 20 damage and lets you attach a basic energy card from your hand to one of your Pokémon. Attack 2: If 3 or more types of basic energy cards are attached to it it does 20 more damage? I could be reading this wrong..... could be +20 for each or 40x for each plus 20. HELP PLZ lol :tongue:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back