Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

GyarChomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeeon

GyarChomp

displayimage.php

Well...to start it all off I'm a newbie, just started competitively when I went to Worlds 09, sure I went to worlds for the video game, but the TCG championship battles had inspired me to play competitively instead of just collecting them. But enough about myself...I made this article to share one of my decks to get reviews from all you readers here in SixPrizes. Everyone should know what a Gyarados deck does or should do, being a very popular deck and one of the fastest Non-SP decks out there. This deck has typical Gyarados setup with a few small changes and one really BIG change.

Pokemon: 24
4 Gyarados SF
4 Magikarp SF
4 Sableye SF
1 Regice LA
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Claydol GE
1 Baltoy GE
2 Garchomp Lv.X
1 Garchomp SV
1 Gabite SV
1 Gible SV
1 Lumineon SF
1 Finneon SF

T/S/S: 32
3 Roseanne’s Research
3 Bebe’s Search
1 Luxury Ball
3 Pokemon Rescue
1 Warp Point
1 Switch
3 Broken Time Space
4 PlusPower
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Expert Belt
2 Night Maintenance

Energy: 4
4 Call Energy

displayimage.php

Ya, i know different ha? Of course its not finished yet...well, Garchomp Lv.X is included to MAXIMIZE Gyarados' "Tail Revenge," and who ever said that Gyarados' "Tail Revenge" maximum was 90 damage? Well the strategy is to discard ALL Magikarp, and while your at it discard a couple of Gyarados too. Why Gyarados you ask? Well as you can see, Garchomp Lv.X has the move "Restore" which lets you pull out any Pokemon out of the Discard Pile basic or not, and for zero energy (it even comes with zero retreat)! Making it even more perfect for my Gyarados deck. Still use Gyarados as the main attacker though as for you don't have the energy for Garchomp to attack. But of course it'll take a while to get that whole Garchomp line out so I think you should still start out the whole deck as a normal Gyarados deck and just scoop the Gyarados and Magikarp back into your hand and discard it with any spare Felicity's Drawing or with Regice LA. Once you do that, bring up Garchomp and use "Restore" and bring a few Gyarados back onto your bench so that you can be ready to switch into any of the Gyarados. With all four Magikarp in the Discard Pile, tail revenge now does 120 damage!

displayimage.php

Now for the other cards. Why Lumineon SF? Well i put it in to bring out any weak basics from your opponent's hand and put it on his or her bench, then switch it with the active Pokemon. After you accomplish this you can FREE RETREAT Lumineon back and bring up Gyarados for a OHKO on a fairly Pokemon. I can possubly take out a few cards that are not needed and replace them with Looker's Investigation. But why? To know when you are ready to bring up Lumineon, that's why! But with the shuffle drawback, it's not a good idea. But with the release of "Alph Lithograph" i am surely going to change it up a little. And with Lumineon it's easier to get around Mr. Mime MT, and it's a Shuppet counter! Well, that's my deck...now you tell me, is it good or not? Is it playable? Is it a fun deck or a competitive deck? I play it often and it is an awesome deck! And of course give me your reviews. But now you have to help me in something, would "Restore" work on Lv.X's too? If not is a second Garchomp Lv.X really worth it? And about Night Maintenance do you HAVE to bring back energies as well, in order for it to work?

Possible Changes:
- Garchomp Lv.X
- Night Maintenance
+ Pokemon Rescue
+ Alph Lithograph
+ Unown G
- Warp Point
+ Switch
- Expert Belt
+ PokeTurn
- Crobat G (It's pretty much a dead card without any PokeTurns)
- Broken Time Space
- Gabite SV
+ Rare Candy
- Gabite SV
+ Bebe’s Search
+ Pokemon Rescue
and many more

OK thanks everybody! This is my first post ever, so thanks for all those supporting me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back