Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gyardos for Regional Championship play-testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckmaster

Hello Friends,

I am building several new decks this week in preparation for 2011 Regional Championships, and Gyardos is a deck that I anticipate to be played in large numbers at my event.

Provided below is my Gyardos desk list. If you feel that I should make any changes, please explain what card to take out and why.

Thank you for all your support!

--Deckmaster--

4-3 Gyardos
1 Regice
1 Smeragle
1 Unown Q
2 Uxie
4 Sabeye
1Azelf
1 Combee
1 Mespirit
1 Crowbat G

4 Collector
4 BTS
3 Poketurn
1 vs seeker
4 JunkArm
4 SSU
3 Seeker
3 Bebe’s Search
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
2 Volkner'
2 Professor Oak’s New Theory

4 Rescue Energy
3 Warp Energy

Strategy: Get Magikarp in the discard pile and do as much damage as possible. Under trainer lock, Regirock is very helpful; however, I will most rely on doing aggressive, consistent damage with Gyardos repeatedly.

--Deckmaster--

4-3 Gyardos
1 Regice
1 Smeragle
1 Unown Q
2 Uxie
4 Sabeye
1 Azelf
1 Combee
1 Mespirit
1 Crowbat G

4 Collector
3 BTS
3 Poketurn
2 vs seeker
4 JunkArm
0 SSU
4 Seeker
3 Bebe’s Search
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
2 Volkner'
0 Professor Oak’s New Theory
4 Pokemon Rescue

4 Rescue Energy
4 Warp Energy
Edits in Bold
Hope this helps

Edits in Bold
Hope this helps

Sorry but i think that is completely wrong... the deck has to have ssu to heal and it has to have something to shuffle into their deck against vilegar *cough* PONT *cough*... and 4 pokemon rescue is WAY to many... how many prizes do you think your opponent will take? I mean you already have like 4 rescue energy. Take that down to 2 pokemon rescue and maybe put in a honey combee. Also it is just my opinion but i would run 4 seeker so you can keep up a consistent mesprit lock. Also you only need 3 junk arm because you only need to discard 1 karp after regice. also maybe 2 crobat and 2 poke turn... also you only need 1 vlotners if any. So i hope this helps your deck.:biggrin:

^ SSU can be replaced by Seeker

PONT does not have much use

I agree that 4 R Energies may be too many

^ just my opimion but you need 6-8 pick up cards( seeker, ssu) to keep up a consistent mesprit lock and to be able to heal gyarados every once in a while... with 4 pick up cards that means yu can only heal gyarados 2 and lock for 2 turns

^ the mespirit Lock is hard to keep going.

Now I see what you mean, I now agree with SSU in here (I don't normally use SSU or recommend it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back