Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gym Challenge Recommendations from POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP

I've just read the Pokemon 2004 Gym Challenge Recommendations set to my PTO. Two things caught my attention.

1. There's no mention of doing Age-pod Playoffs. The Recommendations only say "if your lowest attended age group has at least 16 players, you may run Age Pods instead of Age Modified Swiss." The section about the Single Elim Rounds actually imply to run Age Modified playoffs. But of course, these are "recommendations" since we'll be running Age Pods throughout our Colorado Gym.

2. Tiebreakers are (in order): 1) strength of schedule, 2) head-to-head, and 3) late losses (whichever player with the latest first loss in the Swiss rounds receives preference. That last tiebreaker is a bit confusing (and seems wrong at first glance). I'd think that late losses for the top players should take precedence over those who lost early. JMO.

NOTE: The tiebreakers I talked about above are used for those NOT using TMS. I'm curious if TMS uses those tiebreakers.

Finally, I was glad to see POP recommending best-of-3 for the playoffs. Plus, they DIDN'T say you must run 1-game in the Swiss rounds or can't do 3-game in the Swiss. They left that one open to the PTOs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back