Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gym Clash Contest, Part 2 of 2

Archonn

EDIT: A link to the first part (the setlist) = http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22724

Get ready; this is what everyone was wainting for! The contest itself!

First things first; setmaking hasn't ended yet. I'll still post trainers/energies, and card creating is still open, so keep watch in the first thread.

Okay, the rules: First, PM me a decklist (60 cards, for those uninformed), and detailed strategy of how to use efficiently your deck (This second part, although not necessary, is highly recommended, as i suck as a player, so relying purely on my skills is insanity). After we have ten decks, deck submission/correction is closed, and the tournament will start. The tournament itself has two parts; first, everyone fights against everyone one time. If there's a tie in scores, the tied decks will have a rematch. The other part will be a classic eliminatory round, with two seeded players chosen at random. Then the winners of each part will face one against the other, and this match will decide the best deck.

A contestant may only submit one deck. Although there is no deadline, once the tenth deck is submitted, no more alterations in your deck may be made. This contest is open to all community members, even those that didn't made a single card. Have fun!

While the second part doesn't start, enjoy this thread to discuss deck strategies and single card possibilities. And feel free to ask if you have a doubt.

EDIT: The second part of this contest starts now! And since we only have 4 contestants, i decided to change the rules...

(A = Ashton Villa's deck/D = DragonSol's deck/H = shiftrymaster68's deck/S = spoinkmaster's deck)
First Round -- Shiftrymaster

--_______
-/A/D/H/S|
A|- O X O|
D|X - X O|
H|O O - O|
S|X X X -|

Second Round

------?------
--?---x---?--
A x D / H x S

Third Round

------?------
--?---x---?--
A x H / D x S

Fourth Round

------?------
--?---x---?--
A x S / D x H

Well, it's simple. In first round of battles, everyone fights against everyone, and the deck that wins more is the winner (A "O" will represent victory for the vertical player and a loss for the horizontal player. A "X" will represent the exact opposite). In case of a tie, we have a rematch to decide. In the other rounds, various eliminatories. The deck that wins more rounds is the best deck of all! (in case of a tie, a round similar to the first is played between the tied decks)

Before all matches, i'll flip a coin. If heads, the match will be 1 Active x 1 Active. If tails, it will be 2 Actives x 2 Actives. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Question

Okay, I fully plan on submitting a deck, however I do not want to do so until you are finished making all the trainers. I already know what Pokemon I will use, but new trainers might come up. Can you give us a time on when you will be done with all the trainers? I know you haven't made a Glacia trainer yet, and I think a couple of other character cards. Also, who is allowed to submit a deck? Is it only for people who actually made cards in your thread? Because I know a lot of people made cards for that thread, and if they can't enter just because other people who haven't worked decided to enter they will be dissapointed (myself included).

DragonSol (and shiftrymaster68 too): This set has no limit for trainers/energies, in other words, i'll make these until the tenth deck is submitted (and maybe even after too). However, most trainers will be trait/owner specific, and i'll always try to balance things (read the set list carefully and you'll understand why some owners have trainers, and some doesn't...). Except for me, anyone is allowed to submit a deck (even those that didn't a single card). But fear not... Your "a lot of people" consist in only you, shiftrymaster68, Carrington388, Ashton Villa and LorakLucan (Burninating_Torchic only suggested Ultima types then dissapeared in thin air), so it is probable that i'll end up reducing the number of decks to eight, due to the lack of contestants (remember that you can submit a deck, then alter it later, provided that the last deck hasn't arrived yet. This is a valid way to guarantee your spot in the contest).

Hey, someone knows a good site for hosting files? i'm planning to host this set's cardinfo.dat (it has the flavor text for all cards in this set, not to mention that it helps browsing through this contest's cards).

So i'm PMing my deck version 1.0. As soon as new cards reveals themselves i'll edit it. I hope my deck, the "Blitzkrieg", can get into the tops.

Heck, there's lots of pokémon in the first part, but hey, THIS is the main thing! I think i'm the only one who send a decklist to Archonn so far... Let's get this thing started!

All right, posting just to put this thread on first page... hey, nobody is perfect....

I have a few questions
1) Does the deck have to be Trainer-specific?
2) Can you use cards designed by other people? (I did only a version of Jasmine's Onix and Jasmine's Steelix, so...)

So many cards to think about, this deck will take me a while.

liminy0: The deck does not have to be owner-specific. It just needs to be a deck (and a good one, if you pretend to win). And you are free to use any card from this set, plus all Basic energies and Darkness / Metal Energy (this is explained back at the first post of the first thread).

shiftrymaster68: I hope thet we start soon. But dropping to 4 players? I don't think that it will be necessary.

Let me do some math... Ashton Villa and shiftrymaster68 already submitted decks. DragonSol and LorakLucan will do it ASAP. liminy0 seems to be interested, too. I bet that Carrington388 will do one too, after all, he does like to create decks. And we will probably see spoinkmaster creating one, too. Maybe even Burninating_Torchic will do one deck, too; after all, he suggested Ultima types, so i imagine that he has some plans for this contest.

If everyone that i mentioned submit a deck, this gives us a total of 8 decks. And if in the meantime two other persons show up... Well, for now we must wait. If we do end up with few contestants, though, i'll reduce the number of players, But this will only be made if nothing else is possible.

(and i must finish traiting, too! but my laziness won't let me...)

Quoting myself, back at the start of this...

I'd love to know what's wrong with this contest.

I should already expect this. After all, this board is Create-a-Card, not Create-a-Deck.

Actually, i have a question for all of you. If Carrington388 does a deck for this contest, what theme do you think that it will be used? I think that he is the most unpredictable of all possible contestants... For example, DragonSol will probably do a Glacia deck, while LorakLucan is tending to the Bugsy-themed. But what about Carrington388? Any opinions?

(yeah, i'm just trying to find something to do while the contest doesn't start... at least i'm trying)

Don't feel bad someone has a Create-A-Deck thread that has gotten some replies that is mostly be Carrington388. But no clue what deck he will do after all he did about 30 different ones on that thread.

Okay

I have the whole deck together, except for 4 slots. I'm waiting for you to make a GLACIA TRAINER so I can put it in my deck.

Err... I'm not a nice kid, so for now, no Glacia. Just fill these 4 remaining slots with some good cards, PM me the decklist, and if i ever create a Glacia trainer, ask me to substitute these cards for Glacia. Changing the deck is allowed, provided that the tenth deck isn't yet submitted.

I'm already tired of waiting... But only four contestants is a very small number, for someone that planned for ten.

Either way, if no one else appears, i already know what i have to do.

For the third and final time, i will repeat:

I'd love to know what's wrong with this contest.

Nothing really... it is a great concept. I've just been busy with school. I'm sorry I haven't submitted a deck yet, I really am.

Well... Those that still have to submit/modify (i made the so requested owner cards) decks, i'd recommend that you do it either today or tomorrow; i intend to start this at 10/22/05, but i'm not sure.

Back