Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gym Leader Challenge!- Season 1 Complete

Benzo

Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator
Welcome to theGym Leader Challenge!​
Would you like to prove your skills as a great Pokemon Trainer?
Do you think you have what it takes to earn Gym badges?
Would you also like to win some prizes?

Then this is for you!

This is an event that will put your trainer skills to the test, as you battle Gym Leaders to earn 8 Gym Leader badges. When you have earnes all 8 Gym badges, you will qualify to be a contestant in a tournament at the end of the Gym Leader season. So, this is your opportunity to show off your skills and have some fun!
Here is how it works:

Requirments: A version of Pokemon Platnium, Pearl, Diamond, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver- WI-Fi Access, and your friend code.

Here are the basic rules that you as a contestant can expect as a simple format:

1. Battle Tower rules will apply as the Basic Default Format.
2. Banned Pokemon are the same Pokemon that are banned in the Battle Tower, including Wobbuffet and Wynaut.
3. No two Pokemon in your team can be holding the same hold item. Soul Dew is a banned hold item for Gym Leader Challenges.
4. No two Pokemon can be the same Pokemon in your team.
5. No Gym Leader "Theme" countering. This means that if you challenge a Gym Leader who chose to represent a Water themed Gym, you can not have "counter type" only Pokemon in your team, your team can not consist of only grass and electric type Pokemon.
6. If you challenge a Gym Leader and you lose the battle, you must wait for two days to re-challenge the Gym Leader. This is considered a "cool down" period, as the Gym Leaders are able to change their Pokemon team at any time. If your battle ends in a DRAW, you and the Gym Leader may chose to rematch. If you and the Gym Leader chose not to rematch, the head Gym Leader will determin who is the winner of the challenge battle when a draw is not rematched.
7. While battleing a Gym Leader and there is a "communication error" that results in the battle being incomplete or interupted, the Gym Leader will recieve the win automaticaly.
8. Any rulings made by the Head Gym Leader is finale when resolving issues concerning any battle win/loss disputes.

Now, some information about the Gym Leaders. The Gym Leaders will "format" their Gym according to the theme they have selected and the style of battleing they prefer. The Gym Leaders may have a few side Battle rules as well. The rules above are the basic set standered format if a Gym Leader wants a simple theme.The Gym Leaders will battle in single or double format, and will say what level your Pokemon will need to be ( level 50 or 100) and how many Pokemon you will need to have in your team.​

So, here are the Gym Leaders awaiting your challenge:​

Vaporeon
Imawario
Arcanine/Arbok Master
Varna
Pokemon99
Pikamaster
Superwolfes
Espeon1

The Gym Leaders listed above will post their Gym information with in this thread for you to prepare to challenge them accordingly. The Gym leaders will keep their postings updated as to keep their weekly availabilty so that you will know when they can accept your challenge.

Here is some information that may be helpfull to you contestants. Benzo is the Head Gym Leader who can assist in any battle disputes or issues that you may have concerning this event. Arcanine/Arbok Master is our bookkeeper, able to answer any questions you may have about your badge status. And last but not least, Ultimatedra is the Pokegym Mod who will be able to assist you in any way he can.

Each badge earning session will be a two month period. This time period is called as season, and the season will end with a tournament complete with prizes and rewards. During this tournament, the Gym Leaders will be participants as well, keeping the competion even tougher. When the tournament is finished, a new season will begin soon afterwords.

Also, for those of you who are interested in the Video Game Championships or who would like to practice for Local League and POP DS side events and tournaments, this is a great way to get in some good battles to hone your skills- because this event will give you some fierce competition you don't want to miss!:biggrin:

So, select a Gym Leader that you would like to earn a badge from, check out their information and start working on earning all 8 badges and on your way to earning some cool prizes and rewards! Feel free to post in here or send a Gym Leader a PM.......

Also, if you have any questions that are not answerd in the above information, please refer to the "Gym Leader Discussion" thread, and the staff will be able to assist in answering any questions you may have. Thanks, and have fun!

I would also like to give credit to the person who originaly started this idea, vaporeon and those involved in getting this idea off the ground.

:pokeball:You Have Been Challenged! Bring It On!:pokeball:

Last edited:
Arcanine/Arbok Master

Friend code:
Platinum: 1162 0875 3117
Heart Gold: Coming soon

Gym Type = Poison

Format: 6v6 Singles, auto level 50

Specific Rules: Duplicate items allowed.

Availability: I have class pacific time from:
Monday: 11-12, 2-4
Tuesday: 11-12, 3-5
Wednesday: 8-12, 2-4
Thursday: 3-5
Friday: 11-12, 2-4

Schedule a time with me during which I don't have class. I may also be randomly available but that planing a match ahead of time is more reliable.

Contact: [email protected] OR arcabok on Yahoo messenger OR PM me.

Last edited:
An example post- Hello pokemon99, i was wondering if I could battle you for a gym badge? I am free most of this week. LMK what time we can battle. Thanks

Screen name Pokemon99

gym type Ground

6 vs 6 style / level 100

your avaiability/ schedule- 4-6 EST on weekdays and from 8-11:30, and 1- 4:30/5 EST on weekends

FC (s) 4640 0794 8569

other form of contact info - None, PM me please

Friend Code SoulSilver: 2450-6936-9103

Gym type: Electric

Battle format: Level 100, Singles

Pokemon amount to battle with: 6

Duplicate items permitted.

OHKO Moves, Double Team, and Minimize are banned.

The use of Bright Powder/Lax Incense/Quick Claw/Razor Claw/Razor Fang/King's Rock is banned.

Garchomp and Latios are banned.

Sleep Clause in effect.

Using Explosion, Self Destruct or Destiny Bond when it's your last Pokemon will result in a loss.

Other form of contact info: pinkachu135 on AIM

Availability: Set up a time with me before hand or catch me when I'm on, I'm usually free from 10 AM EST- 7 PM EST

Last edited:
Name- Espeon1

Gym Theme- Normal

6 vs 6 singles style level 100

Available most weekdays 3-5 central time and every other weekend for a long time

FC 0130 3363 9558

Only PMs please, don't have IMing

Other rules- Sleep Clause, Only double items are LEFTOVERS, OHKO moves are banned, evasion moves are banned, If someone uses a self KOing move when it's both players' last pokemon, that person loses (example 1 pokemon left for each person and one uses Explosion to KO both) NO UBER POKEMON AKA Garchomp Latios Mewtwo Rayquaza Kyogre, Groudon and friends. Gym Leader can use 2 WILD POKEMON.(Pokemon of type other than gym type.)

Last edited:
Name- superwolfs

Gym Theme- Ice

6 vs 6 singles style level 100

Available weekends most of the time

FC
2235 5172 4808

post here for battles preferably
Other rules- Sleep Clause, OHKO moves are banned, evasion moves are banned

W: 7 L: 0

Last edited:
lol sorry just copy and pasted and changed it to my info, my bad changed for ME!

Gym type: Psychic
Friend Code: [Platinum] 0216 8569 8219

Battle format: Level 50, Doubles, 4 Pokémon
Specific Rules: See here. The only exception is that levels will be auto-adjusted to 50, even if a Pokémon is lower level, due to wifi.
Preferred contact methods: AIM or MSN (check my profile). PMs will work, as will posts in the topic, but expect my response time to be much slower.
Availability: During the weekdays, I am usually available from 6 PM EST to 9 PM EST* (though often times as late as 12 PM EST). My weekend availability is variable, because I tend to get out of the house. If you would like to battle then, the best bet is to schedule ahead of time with me.

*Excluding wednesday/thursday nights. I run league 6:30 to 8:30, then drive half an hour home, so I am not available until 9, if I even decide to stay up.

Last edited:
Those will be anounced later on, but focus on beating all the gym leaders first

Post here if your looking for a challenge id suppose

@ benzo, is shoddy battle allowed?

Please- keep gym leader conversation to the original thread- this thread is for battle contacts and contestant/gl postings- Please!
All gl "business and questions need to be in the other thread!

In Game Name: Chaz
Soul Silver Friend Code: 2021 2127 8142

Gym Type: Flying

Battle Format: LV 100 Single 6v6

Gym Rules

1) Stealth Rock Clause
2) Sleep Clause
3) No Multi Focus Sash, Choice Band, Specs or Scarf.
4) No OHKO moves. This applys to Destiny Bond and Perish Song as well.
5) Evasion Mod Clause
6) Chansey and Blissey Clause

How to contact me

I'll be on Aim during the hours I will be taking challanges. I will not be accepting request to battle through PMs because I might mot be around when you send it. Through Aim, we can chat in real time.

Aim: vaporeon85

*Note*

I will record the battle and upload to Youtube. I will show the video to the Head GL if I think someone used a counter team or I think is cheating. Don't be caught breaking the rules.

Last edited:
i guess i should say something here :-D

Ultimatedra - Your local Electronic Games moderator.
Remember, you should read up on The Pokegym's stand against cheating.

Any and all talk of cheating will be dealt with to the fullest - so do not even ask about what is legal and allowed. If you have to ask about cheats/hacks here is the answer - ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THEM ARE ALLOWED.

Thank you, and have fun guys!

Ok, I'll post my Gym information:

Gym type: Water

My current friend code that I will use:
(this may change later)
0217 3336 3661

Gym Battle Style:

LVL 100 singles with 6 pokémon in the party.

Duplicate Items:

Just don't duplicate focus sash. Anything else is ok.

Other rules are pretty standard for battling:
Sleep/evasion clause
No evasion boosting items or items that can sometimes make you go first. (Custap berry is an exception and will be allowed)
No OHKO Moves

You can contact me via PM. Just PM me and we can try to work out a time then. At worst, I should respond within 3 days. (the three day period only applies if I am out of town on business or something of that nature.)

Last edited:
I don't get how this is good practice for the 2010 VGC if all battles are Singles 6 v 6. Also wth is a Stealth Rock clause, Chansye/Blissey clause, etc.?

Anyways this sounds like something fun to dust off my DS for.

@ Pablo-
This is good practice, since any form of ds battling wheather it be singles or doubles, 6 vs 6, ect... is for the reason that in single battle, you can test to see how well a Pokie can do on it's own. In doubles, team compatability.
IMO- all battles in any format is good practice, and when it comes to the VGC- all the practice a person can get in before hand (assuming that you are looking to participate in the VGC) will assist in honing your skills all around as a challenger in large events everywhere, including in here at the Pokegym!
Please, feel free to wipe off the dust, and enjoy the challenge that this idea has to offer. :)

Back