Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hamilton CC 1st Place Report

Throne0fLegends

So on Saturday night I decided that I wanted to try something new and built a fun list. It was pretty consistent, so I decided to test it out at Hamilton CC the next day =P. Onto the rounds!

Round 1 vs Vilegar

I went first and attached to a lone egg and called for some family. He collectors for his tomb, gastly, and oddish, lays down the uxie and darkness graces into a gloom. My big turn comes, and I collector into a regice, discard my hand, and strategy for his 7 cards and him 0. I built up my angry bear and proceeded to knock all his pokemon out and controlling his hand. GG

1-0

Round 2 vs. Machamp

He starts with Q, I start with egg. He does 20 to me, I lay down a bunch of stuff, uxie for 5 attach energy and belt, and use hypnosis for win. Sorry about the donk.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Luxchomp

He starts with ambipom, I start with egg. I couldn't get an energy, so I just laid down an extra egg and tiny bear. He gets the DCE, cyrus' uxie and hits me for KO. I respond by getting rid of my hand, attaching DCE to my tiny bear, and strategy for 7 and he gets 0. I get the raging bear, belt, and control the rest of his cards. It was done by turn 3. GG

3-0

Round 4 vs. Yanmega/Giratina

I get the turn one strategy. He top decks into Oaks.... I do it again.. he top decks into VS seeker. I do it again... he top decks into volkners.... I do it again.. he top decks into Cynthia's. By this point he has a pretty good lead on me. FINALLY after my 3rd eggtree I land the strategy. He draws nothing for the rest of the game as my bear takes the rest of his pokemon. GG

4-0

Round 5 vs Luxchomp

Game 1
I turn 1 strategy, he scoops.

Game 2
I turn 2 strategy, he scoops.

5-0

That worked out well =D. This is for Curtis, Reed, and Malcolm for always believing in the egg and for Bidier for doubting it.

Last edited:
The deck's name is then Creswell's Curse and Yogi?

Tell me Game 2 of Top Cut, how do you get T1 Strat? You're opponent actually chose to go first?

edited for you Terry =P. I just call it a turn 1 strat because I counted the turn I was able to use supporters/trainers my first turn. I won't be posting the decklist, just because I'll probably be playing it in the city championship marathon. A good part of the deck is the surprise factor, but if you want to know more you can PM me about it and I can fill in some gaps or questions you might have.

... now to build an electrode prime deck and win...

edited for you Terry =P. I just call it a turn 1 strat because I counted the turn I was able to use supporters/trainers my first turn. I won't be posting the decklist, just because I'll probably be playing it in the city championship marathon. A good part of the deck is the surprise factor, but if you want to know more you can PM me about it and I can fill in some gaps or questions you might have.

I wouldn't want the deck list posted until after cities are over... or if you plan on playing it for states and regionals until after that... you can't ruin the element of suprise ! ! ! I just think it is so cool that a non Luxchomp/G-Dos/VileGar won, I am now your fan : )

Is this Joe Ferrari?

I love it, Ever since the eggs came out I wanted to play the deck. 0 hand. Top deck is alwayt the challenge.
Regice is helper to get hand to 0. As I read through the report. I thought the Bear was Slowpoke and Slow King, LOL

Someone tried this strats at our last city w/ banette pl to help dump his hand. It didn’t goes so well for him unfortunately . gj

Back