Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Heaven, Earth, And....You Know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat-O-Ninetails

It took the longest time for me to make this build. I knew that I somehow wanted to incorporate nidoqueen seeing as how 2 cards ( ran and queen) can easily turn the tide of battle if the opponent is not careful. I was also stuck you see, as i also loved the beautiful start and end that Gengar can give. I didn't want your standard Mother Gengar, or the Luxray variant. Shoot, for a while i even used dialga G and gengar, Build After Build I could not understand why with all that draw power and speed, I still was unsatisfied.

So I took a trip to the heights of Mount Wakanini (My room) and confided in the Grand Elders of Elstopeth (My walls) and it hit me (me). Something I learned a long time ago playing some of my first TCG's. The Best Deck is one that makes every card useful, as in, if something is in the discard pile, it does not neccasarily make it a "dead" card. One of the major reasons Kingra had the capacity to be so great was it worked well with claydol (what doesn't) and it didn't matter whether the :water: were in your Hand or your Discard. And thinking back on that beautiful deck i thought "Me, what deck works with nidoqueen, can keep up with gengar, and does not have the same easily counterable issues that gengar has?" And So it Was Born.

2-2 Claydol
3-1 Uxie
4-3-4 Gengar
1-1 Nidoqueen
1 Unown G
2-1-2-1 Gardevoir

3 Broken Time-Space
3 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
3 Pok'e Radar
4 Rare Candy
3 Super Scoop Up
3 Night Maintenance
1 Luxury Ball

8:psychic:

When this deck was completed, I was a little unsatisfied, and yet perfectly happy. I Wish there was more room for other cards. What I have always loved about gengar is there is always leftover room afterwords, and I love the thought of using Super Scoop Up to get me back a Uxie, and Bright Looked Claydol, something my own gardy might know out, or sparring my gengar just for it to be dropped down again in the same turn.

The strategy is simple, start out slowing them down via ralts or ghastly (or if I get THAT bad of a start i will use ralts on myself) Set up INSANELY FAST to the point where i don't care what they knock out, because i have all the resources necessary to come back swinging. The Gardy that i use are the telepass ones. AND YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE ME, BUT THIS DECK DOES NOT NEED PREMIER BALL. This is a first occurrence that i have come upon.

Let Me know what you think ;)

I like the build... but have you considered running Looker's? It's pretty much a staple in Mother Gengar, and you only have 7 Supporters right now.

lol. with all the draw power in the deck, 7 is just fine. and i don't really rely on poltergeist. I use psychic lock as my secondary attack, and shadow room as my primary. or the other way around. depending on how things set up. it gets very annoying when everything of mine is moving around and healing, honestly, make the deck, try it out. it is REALLY fun. and suprisingly consistent, i run ALOT of pokemon, so radar is a pretty much 100% chance of getting something i need,

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Bump..................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back