Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NXD+ Standard "Heavy lifage" M Venusaur ex/Floette deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumbleblogn

Heavy Lifage​

Pokemon
Venusaur EX x3
M Venusaur EX x2 (Main attacker)(needs 4 energy x2)
Virizion EX x2(Energy acceleration) (needs 2 energy)
Celebi EX x2(support pokemon, allows old moves to be used) (no energy needed)
Floette x3(added hp)(no energy needed)
Flabebe x3 (evolution) (no energy needed)

Stadiums/Supporters/Items
Virbink city gym x2 (added poison damage)
Evosoda x3 (to evolve floette and M Venusaur ex)
Heavy ball x3 (to get M EX and EX venusaur on the field)
Level ball x3 (to get flabebe on the field)
Ultra ball x1
Switch x3
Lysandre x2
Super rod x2
Max potion x4
Hard charm x3
N x3
Colress x2
Juniper x1
Skyla x3

ENERGY
GRASS 10(very tight on energy, needs at least 2 more imo?)

Strategy:

OK so the goal is to create a HP Tank out of M Venusaur EX. Using both hard charm and floette's ability "flower vail" to add up to 100 HP to the already 230 HP Venusaur (making it now a max of 330, but I’m sure more of an average of 270-290). Before any of this though, we need to get energy on venusaur FAST. The best way I have figured out to do this is to use virizion as an energy accelerator. Normally, virizion is used as a support pokemon to avoide special conditions, but in this case, he is more of a sacrificial pawn to accelerate the energy process. With virizions move emerald slash you can both do 60 damage to an opposing pokemon AND add 2 grass energy from your deck to 1 pokemon. Now instead of 1 energy per turn you can have a max of 3 energy per turn. Finally, your main objective is to keep venusaur in play as long as possible. So after you have him powered up, and on the rare chance it takes damage, you are going to need to heal him. This is where celebi comes in. With celebi’s ability you can use moves from previous evolutions as long as you have the required energy to use it. This is perfect for M Venusaur EX because it can now go back, and instead of only using crisis vine, it can now also use jungle hammer( dealing 90 damage and healing 30 to itself).
On top of all of this, virbank city gym will be in play to add 2 damage counters moe for poisoned pokemon. So crices vine really does 150 damage per turn cycleon top of poisoning and paralyzing the pokemon! (so easy 2 hit K.O.’S)

That’s my idea for the deck! Please feel free to nit pick it!
My Random Thoughts:
This is the tightest deck I have ever built. As it is now, im super tight on space and really need to get at least 2 more grass energy in there…some how. Now, the main weakness in this deck is obviously fire, and with charizard and pyroar decks becoming really popular, I feel like I should put some kind of counter in here. But what? Tropious? Kangaskan? Although, with mega Venusaur’s HP going to be at an average of 270 and a max of 330, and the fact that I will hope to have 2 on the field at a time to switch back and forth in case one takes too much damage I figures it be ok. I’m not sure on what to do there. Also, with this concept, should I run a type of hammer card for discarding energy, or is their just no room? The only thing I could think of that could make this better would be to add a card that makes it impossible for your opponent to retreat…. But I cant think of a grass type that does this… or is the paralices enough?

Well, I'd would take out Mega Venasuar cause you have to wait a turn to evolve it and that can give you some space.
Since you've removed Venasaur, you can also take out Celebi Ex. The only reason you want Mega Venasaur is cause
It inflicts more damage. Regardless, yiu still have to settle for 2HKO. The only reason Mega Vensaur makes sense is
For more HP. But it slows down your deck way too much. So now that M Venasaur and Celibi are gone, that frees up 4 slots. Now you can fit your 2 energy along with 2 cards to either speed up your deck or disrupt the oppenent. Or 4 Herb energy from the upcoming set which heals 30 when you attach it. You can still get 2HKO's with Jungle Hammer or a poison powder first then a jungle hammer if the pokemon has more than 180HP. This is better cause you still get the 2HKO's but you heal 30HP more often since you will use Jungle Hammer more often. If you want to do more damage for some reason, throw a pair of Hypnotoxic Lasers along with the 2 grass energy with your 4 spots free'd up from MVenesaur and Celebi.

Presumably, because as long as you're attacked more than once, Hard Charm will reduce damage by more than 20 HP (effectively providing "more" HP than a Giant Cape).

Another option is to use Umbreon (Plasma) and Plasma Badge. You do miss out on Hard Charm damage reduction, but it also gives your Umbreon more HP, something Floette can't do for itself. Makes it easy to fit in Leafeon for another attacker as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back