Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I just started to play the TCG and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm trying to find a deck that can be competitive, but won't cost too much money. So far I have bought the Battle Stadium set, 2 Fire Red theme decks, and a few Team Rocket Returns and Fire Red/Leaf Green booster packs. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hey. I'm not quite sure where this should go, but I'll give you some advice. If you bought 2 Fire Red theme decks, then you should have 2 Pidgeot. Pidgeot is an extremely good card that is played in a big number of decks. It's Poké-power is extremely useful in being able to set up your evolution lines or whatever else you may need quickly. Most people play 2 Pidgey, 1 Pidgeotto, and 2 Pidgeot (often referred to as a 2-1-2 line) with 3 or 4 Rare Candy. If you're unfamiliar with Rare Candy, it's a Trainer card that allows you to directly skip from a Basic to a stage 2, even on the turn you play it (ex: first turn Pidgey -> Rare Candy -> Pidgeot). You can also go from a basic to a stage 1 on the turn you play it if you need to evolve immediately. Anyway, if you can get some of those, they are awesome to run with Pidgeot. You should also have some Celio's Networks. These cards are very helpful in getting Pidgeot out and many people play 4 of them in the deck (I think there's 2 in each Fire Red theme deck, meaning you have 4). Dunsparce are also extremely helpful in filling up your bench with the Strike and Run attack. Both Dunsparce and Rare Candy come in EX: Sandstorm, so you might want to get some of those packs. The more you can get of those, the better. As far as a main Pokémon to base a deck upon, you have 2 of both Gardevoir and Blaziken, seeing as how you bought the Battle Stadium. Both of those can make a very nice deck, especially if you can get 1 or 2 (preferably 2) more of whichever one you choose to play. The Pidgeots will really help you in playing either of those (and Dunsparce, but he works with almost anything). I hope this helps you, and good luck!

Last edited:
Hey there 1337

The introductions thread is right here...

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8328

For your deck, I would suggest looking at the other topics in the Deck Help and Strategy forum so that you can get an idea of what is being shown. Also, consider going to the tournaments/organized play forum so that you can get some sort of idea as to which areas play what.

hope this helps

Go with everything Misdreavus said, but in this forum Try to post a deck list, or what you think u want to play. Then more people will give u strategies and suggstions on how to help your deck.

Seeing as you bought the Battle Stadium, one of the side deck thingys comes with 3 Dunsparce, so those are really good additions, try to get a fourth one though.

*sigh* rules for this forum are posted at the top of this forum.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back