Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help catching a Legendary mut

I already know that I'm just asking for tactics on finding/catching it.Should I try using Max Repel and walk in the grass?(I did that for the lati)

Kempley05 said:
cross cut
I never heard of that. Are you referring to false swipe, if so than good luck, cause scyther(to the best of my knowledge) is the only one who learns it.

Cross cut did at least use to be an attack I believe... it sounds very familiar. I think that might've been like false swipe in GSC too... of course, I could be wrong =P

meganium_ex_killer said:
...I'm just asking for tactics on finding/catching it. Should I try using Max Repel and walk in the grass?(I did that for the lati)

I'm not sure if this is the "best" way to find any of the Legendary Dogs, but this is how I do it.

It's already known that when you change routes, cities, etc., the Legendary Dogs will change its location. So, we have to use this ordeal to our advantage. In order for this tactic to work, you have to have already seen the Legendary Dog at least once before.

What you need to do first is to go to a route that merges into another route. Standing right on the edge between the routes, check your PokéDEX on that particular Legendary Dog to see where it is located (for if you've already seen the Legendary Dog before, the location information will be in the PokéDEX).

If it is not on the route you are currently on, and then take the one step move to be on the other route. Now check the PokéDEX again and see where it has moved. Keep doing this until it is shown within your PokéDEX that the Legendary Dog is on the same route as you. THEN, I would use the Max Repel to ward off the weaker of the Pokémon and only have the Legendary Dog fight you.

This tactic is tedious, yes, but it works; for that is how I did it myself. Once the battle starts, you have to be quick with your actions. As it was previously stated, putting it to sleep, or using an attack that prevents it from retreating, are good strategies at the beginning, then just do whatever damage you see fit in order to capture it.

I will leave the rest up to you to decide and figure out. I just thought you would like to know one way to do it.

fantasy said:
Cross cut did at least use to be an attack I believe... it sounds very familiar. I think that might've been like false swipe in GSC too... of course, I could be wrong =P

The only "Cross" attack that I know of is Cross Chop, a fighting attack that the Machop and Mankey lines can learn. But that is with the newer games and not counting Gold / Silver / Crystal at all. It could be an attack within those games. I'm not really sure.

Matt "Gibby" Gibson

Alex said:
I never heard of that. Are you referring to false swipe, if so than good luck, cause scyther(to the best of my knowledge) is the only one who learns it.

Sorry, I meant false swipe, I haven't played my GBA for ages so I'm a little rusty:tongue:

Respectable, but as I said, scyther is the only one to learn that move. Mean Look and block also help(just makesure the poke using it is strong,cause if it goes, so does the no run effect) if you're looking fo one without mean look, wobuffet is choice.

First off You NEED a Masterball. If you don't have it...well...Good luck.

The way I did it was:

1. Buy about 10 Max Repel.
2. Put any Pokemon above level 10 in the first spot in your party.
3. Go to Pewter Town.
4. Go South, to the small field that is just north of the entrance to the Viridian Forest.
5. Save the game here.
6. Use a Max Repel.
7. Wander through the field until the Max Repel runs out.
8. As soon as it runs out, go south to enter the building to the Viridian Forest, and immediatelly turn around and exit.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 until you run out of Max Repels. If you don't find it by then, Turn off the game and try again.

Trust me, this is the MOST effective way to find Entei, Raikou, and Suicune. Even if you've already seen them before, this is still the fastest way to find it.

Lastly, this only works if you have a Master Ball. If you don't have one, I can't help you.

Back