Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help for a newbie?

ZombieAttack

I Havent played this since the base set came out, I just got a starter deck to try to get back into the game. I want to make my own deck, but I was reading in the rulebook how to do this and it says I can only have 4 of the same card, I understand that..but then it says I can only have 1 of a certain card that has a weird star outline and kinda looks like an italic. I have no idea what kind of card this is, can anyone please help?

One other really noob question, what does a [G] on a card mean/do?

Last edited:
Don't worry about it.
That is a version of shining Pokemon that they put out a few years ago. Sounds like you have a rule book that's a few years old.
Anyway, any card that has a restriction like that has it printed right on the card, so you don't have to worry about memorizing which cards are limited and which ones aren't.

Pokemon with a [G] as part of their name were just introduced in this latest set. They are SP Pokemon. You'll notice they have a big "SP" printed to the bottom left of their picture. SP probably means "special". They belong to different trainers in the game. "[G] Pokemon belong to Team Galactic. Other trainers with other initials will be seen in later sets.
Some cards need SP Pokemon to be in play to work, some do things only to SP Pokemon.

The G is part of the name, so you can have 4 Dialga and 4 Dialga [G] in the same deck.

Back