Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help for Nationals (Lotsa questions from someone who should knwo the answers...)

Cardzmaster2004

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
OK, so there's a high probability that I will be at Origins AND Nationals this year. This will be the first time in three years I have attended the event and want to amke sure nothing has changed. So...

1) What time is the event on Saturday? I know that its then, but I have been having trouble navigating the Origins Events server as of late.

2) Do I need an invite to get into the event? I know a lot of people receeived invites due to their attendance at State and Regional Championships, but I was unable to attend any this past year for reasons I am about to state later in this topic.

Now, here's the big question. And its more of a request. And its also a big one...

3) Could someone please help provide me with a deck? I plan on arriving as early to Origins as possible to trade around, but I have not bought any cards since RS, played on Apprentice in the meantime, and own few new cards. I'd like to keep the Pokemon LInes I run a secret, as it is not a major archetype yet, but the Trainer line reads as follows...

3 Switch*
3 Swoop! Teleporter
3 Team Aqua's Hideout
3 CopyCat*
3 TV Reporter
4 Stephen's Advice
3 Wally's Training
1 Super Scoop Up*

Now, I can provide anything I've starred (along with energy), but the rest of the trainers and the pokemon line I need help getting for the day of the event. I'm willing to pay for the deck rental AND to leave collateral with whoever I borrow from to ensure the decks return. I do plan on trading around to get as many of my poekmon as possible, but I knwo the trainers will be in short supply that I need. If ANYONE can help me, just post in here. I know that SOME of you could help me, and we'll figure out a way for you to know who I am so that no one steals the deck. But I need some serious help here. If I can't get the deck, I have other things planned for my Origins trip. But I'd really like to get the chance to play this year, as its my first chance in quite some time.

Please, any responses, answers to questions, etc. will be appreciated.

Nationals starts sometime around Noon i believe, check the website for details

You dont need an invite, just buy the convention badge and you'll be able to play. You can buy either a 4 day badge, or single badge

As for cards, as long as you arrive early enough most people well be kind enough to help you out. I've got blue hair, so i'm easy to point out, ask me for some help.

Well, that's my problem. Registration starts at 8:00 am (finally got the Origins website to work for me again), and the tourney begins at 9. I'd have to get almost 35 cards in less than an hour.

The earliest I'd be at the convention would be 7:00 am. That would give me time to get my badge, get my ticket for the event, and maybe get into the TCG area by 7:30, probably closer to 7:45 depending on the line. That's why I was wondering if someone could have the cards ready for me by the time I got there. If I don't have something definite in place, I doubt I'd have even the remostest chance of doing well at Nationals. I've finally got this deck running as close to perfect as possible and don't want to sell it short on cards that won't work as well in it. I probably will try and trade/buy around for everything i need, but all my cards are rather old and I doubt if anyone would want them (with the exception of a couple of older 1st Edition cards). Can anyone help here?

Whoa my boy, best idea would ...if you could, go thursday or friday to get your badge if possible. Hang out all weekend and play random people, i dont work the reg lines on saturday so i couldnt tell you what they'll be like but im guessing long and horrible,

I thribe on being an all night person at origins so for any reason if you need any of those cards ill PM a list of what i have and what i can get for you. Just give me till tonight and ill know what i got when i look through my cards

This year im guessing the event will not start till 10 and registration will be long due to the # of players and the stragglers who will walk in late as always.

As for ideas here is the best one already mentioned: Get a 2-3 day badge and get in on thursday or friday, Walk the pokemon area and ask around for the cards. Bring the list so people can know what you need. Youre gonna find them all at this event if you look hard enough :thumb:

Last edited:
FireFighter095ReBorn said:
This year im guessing the event will not start till 10 and registration will be long due to the # of players and the stragglers who will walk in late as always.

You're probably right but after last year's fiasco I bet they try hard to start on-time this year.

Best advice would be, as Drift said, get there before Saturday morning. Origins registration starts at 7AM on Saturday and I'm sure they will have a long line.

If registration end up being longer than usual, the better for me. I'm going to be pressed for time and probably half asleep for the whole tournament.

The reason I won't be there until Saturday is because I have to work on Thrusday and Friday at my job in Southern Ohio. I'm already taking some time off the week after for a tour I'm doing with a music group. So I'm lucky enoguh to get Saturday and Sunday (of which I only have until 3:00 pm on Sunday as I have work at 5). I do hope i have until 10:00 to locate all teh cards I need, but if that doesn't happen, such is life. And, such is next year.

I look forward to meeting you all at Origins, but whether I will play or not is still up in the air.

FFReborn: I'll PM you a short list of what I need jsut so you can check. How can I contact you at Origins once I get there? In my PM, I'll put down what two outfits I'm considering for the day to let you know how to find me. Trust me, they're both rather, eh, noticable.

Well, according to the schedule on the Origins site, registration begins at _8 am_:
http://www.originsgames.com/index.pl/review_event?&subUID=3849&evappNumber=8300

I wouldn't count on being able to slip in right before the cutoff time: get there EARLY or you may be hearing a lot of "too bad"s from Dave and the rest of the staff. Deck registration is scheduled for 8-10 am; make it easy on yourself AND the staff and don't come in at 9:58...=/

'mom

Back