Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

help for the new professor

yuki_potsd

Hello, i recently passed my professor exam. I've been playing for years and always wanted to judge events and ect. But now since the exam i have a few Questions.

- How do i volunteer my services?
- How exactly do i start a league or host an event?
- what are some of the processes that have to be followed through when judging an event?

Thanks in advance!:thumb:

My best advice to you would be to work with the PTO's in your area. They are a great source of information.

Volunteering is just that, letting them know that you are available to work.

Leagues are easy, just look here: http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/leagues/

The main process when Judging is to follow the rules and the penalty guide. Make sure you are up to date on rulings, the Compendium LV X and EX are great resources for that info, as is the Ask The Rules Team Forum.

If you start out working for a PTO, in most cases they will have you working with a more experienced Judge to get some training and skills built up.

From your SIG it looks like you're in NYC is that correct? NYC has been under served in recent times. Gathering Ground was the only NYC league. When the store went under no other league materialized. King's games in Brooklyn does do tournaments but to my knowledge does not have an active league. The key requirement of any league is a place to play. Acceptable venues are outlined in the above link.

As a proffesor you can now get access to the professor boards on Pokemon.com. You may find resources there to help you get started.

EeveeLover> thanks for the help, i'll look into it
WinkWinkNudgeNudge> yea i live in NYC, and you know who i am or have you forgotten me? Yea, nyc needs a stable league spot.....

Back