Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help with Metagross MS

DrkrZen

I have a Hoenn Metagross.. so I've access to the two elemental punches, but I can't decide what moves to go with.

I guess EQ, Meteor Mash, Ice/ThunderPunch and Bullet Punch is standard.. but I like the usefulness of Custap Berry + Explosion, too.. alongside Bullet Punch (which is great on 'Gross).

One set-up I debated on was..

Metagross @ Macho Brace
Brave Nature
100 HP / 252 ATK / 84 DEF / 74 SPDEF (or 252 HP / 252 ATK / 6 DEF)
Hammer Arm
Gyro Ball
ThunderPunch
Bullet Punch

With 0 IVs in Speed, he gets down to 65 Speed.. I think, and Hammer Arm continues to lower it. Though, I don't know if I get walled by anything very common.. or if that's even a good set-up, lol.

Any opinions on what's standard, or at least what works? Possibly if my idea works, too.

Thanks!

I don't mess with the IV/EV stats. But i went with this move set on my Metagross. But he has Lax Nature and at level 100 his stats are.

HP 308
Attk 324
Def 326
Sp. Attk 237
Sp. Def 180
Speed 183

Held item: Shell Bell
Meteor Mash
EQ
Toxic
Shadow Ball

Two other common movesets are Agiligross and CB Gross.

Agiligross:
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
ThunderPunch/Explosion

The CB version takes out Agility for Explosion or ThunderPunch usually and carries CB obviously.

Also, I personally like the idea of your moveset, though I question its survivability. I think you'd want to go 252 into HP and 252 Attack, and maybe Relaxed to increase survivability against EQ while still downing your speed. But Brave also works nicely.

Yeah, read about those Neo.. though I just wanted to try something new.

On paper, it looks interesting.. maybe even workable, but in battle.. its not so good, lol.

Needless to say, I ended up going with the CB version. Though I also trained an Agiligross.. though he has Rock Polish, just 'cuz, lol.

Back