Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help With Pokémon TCG Collection Value

HoloLucario

Hello everybody, this is my first post here so bare with me. I really hope this is the right place for this post... :D

So I want to start buying more Pokémon cards but I just don't see how you get your money's worth out of them. I live in Canada so it costs me about $5 for 1 booster pack. The odds of pulling an ultra rare are very slim. Most of the time you just get a non-holo rare worth less than 75 cents. Sure you can buy a whole booster box but are 3 or 4 ultras really worth $100+? I'd like to complete a full expansion set but I see them on EBay for just around $50, and it seems to cost more to actually complete the set. Do I just wait until these newer expansion packs become "the good ol' times" and are worth more? Some please help me. :)

Edit: By the way, I'm collecting Pokémon cards, not really battling with them.

Last edited:
I like the tin boxes, you do get 4 packs plus a promo for the cost of 4 packs, but the promo is usable out of the box and you can select it. If you are completely starting, a theme deck or two ( see this: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthrea...-Theme-Decks-Improving-Through-Double-Decking ) to start.

After that, if you're looking to play, figure out what you need as cards, and yes, sometimes it's cheaper and easier to buy them instead of finding them in packs.

Thanks, that double-decking post was very neat. However, I don't believe I specified this but I trying to collect Pokémon cards, not really battle with them. I do enjoy buying tins though.

Back