Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HEV's WCSC report

HYPER EEVEE

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
WCSC
As told by the HYPER EEVEE

Okay the day started when I woke up at 5:00 am PST I arrive at the location at 6:30, but I just drove around with mom and we had breakfast at McDonalds.

When we were there me and my friends just registered and tried out new unlimited decks that we made for a chance to win a NCG after the main tourney I won 4 out of 5 games so I was happy because I just made a bannete deck for fun where I use comp search and item finder to discard pokemon and I use ers and sers to get the special energies in the discard pile. To see how I did in the unlimited tourney scroll down

Now was the 4th biggest surprises of the day. Nintendo was running the tourney and we started less than an hour of the planned starting time.

Judges for our age division was Bulbasnore and Monkeyman8889

MY Tourney deck

Torchic x3
Torchic x1
Combusken x1
Combusken x2
Blaziken x3
Blaziken ex x2
Skitty x2
Delcatty x2
Aqua's Electrike x1
Aqua's Manectric x1
Rayquaza EX x1
Dunsparce x4

T.V. Reporter x3
Oracle x3
Steven's Advice x2
Copycat x2
Professor Oak's Research x1
Town Volunteers x1
Mr. Brineys Compassion x1
Rare Candy x3
Ancient Tomb x1
High Pressure System x1
Mystery Zone x1
Warp Point x1
Switch x1
ATM [Rock] x1

Fire x10
Lightning x2
Multi x2
Boost 1

Round 1: some girl with a Rambo/Niniken deck
Okay we both started with quaza and she went first so she took down the first pokemon I got sparce but was 2 prizes down finally I get blaze NO catty (both in prizes) TAM and bex out so I blaze kick her bex (only thing powered so once was gone I win but she only had one prize left because I had to sac a lot to get stuff out) TAILS burned burn flip HEADS no damage she does 50 back burn flip HEADS okay I have to do 100 and hope she gets tails or else I lose I do 100 burn flip HEADS no I just go mad she returns the 100 and wins
0-0-1 0pts.

Okay now was the 3rd biggest surprise it was only like 10 minutes between these rounds after having gone to nats this was huge. I also think that there are going to be top 16 after 6 rounds so I think I’m okay but after there was an announcement saying top 8 after 5 rounds I assumed I was already out

Round 2: Alexander with Gory/Gardy
He stated with wobby me a perfect hand except I had no energy in my hand I also had a copycat but I thought I have sometime to draw an energy I go first so no energy because no draw next no and the next I get oracle so I get tv reporter and energy I had to ply my other sparce just so he knock the first out. Okay no I sars get nearly everything out fed him some guys but eventually after giving him 3 prizes I get all my big guys out and take the next 5 prizes and let him kill bex so I can get the last prize for the win
1-0-1 3pts.

LUNCH BREAK I have a foot long veggie sandwich at subway (please note: I was hungry)

Round 3: Zack (I think) with sala/tails ex
Um yeah he should have won but he didn’t use sala’s power so when I got powered I get two tails ex with bex 4 prizes then it was pretty much over, but yeah I should have lost
2-0-1 6pts.

Round 4 Byan with Gross/furret/Molotic
He had nothing so I was easily able to win with an okay start he had a huge bench but blaze took them out one by one then he got Molotic out which I used Tam to get rid of him.
3-0-1 9pts.

Okay one round left to make the cut off I was ranked 7th at the time there was 10 people with least 3 wins so I was scared to id because there was a lot of factors that would go into it, but I asked the one I played and she said no and I was afraid to play her because she beat me at states and had just knocked my friend out of top 8 contention. So I had to beat her now.

Round 5: Ashley She a gardy with sparce catty and ton
Yeah she got the basics out fast but no evolutions so I easily able to get through the game by knocking one guy after another out.
4-0-1 12pts.

FINNALY I EARNED MY WAY IN THE TOP 8

I enter as the 4th seed so I play the 5th seed here is the way the bracket breaks down.

1st vs 8th
3rd vs 6th

4th vs 5th
2nd vs 7th

there was
2 shiftry
2 Rambo
2 Gardy/ Gory
1 Gardy
1 Sala/gross

6th round Ross aka Pidgetto Trainer sala/gross
game 1: he had a bagon swarm against most of my big guys there wasn’t much of a game
game 2: was close we both didn’t get anything out to fast but I was faster and was able to get rid of the few guys he did have.

7th Stuart with gardy
game 1: I thought I had a good hand, but he had a perfect start wow he killed me
game 2: I get a pretty good start but once again he got a good one too so It went to him having 3 prize to me only one, I try to get rid of his wobbers which without him not enough energy out but I get two tails on double kick do I lose him going down another prize but I really stormed back later getting to his 5 prizes to my 4 so it went down to if he had an energy in his had he wins if not I kill gex and win and guess what he does I lose and don’t get my trip

I am pretty glad to get my invite but I not sure if I’m going to get to go to worlds so I have to cook up a way to raise near a 1000$ so I can go to Orlando. My league is planning on having to have a raffle to raise money to worlds.

Okay so now I go into to the unlimited tourney I win the first lose my next because I play someone with no special energy and I had half of my cards to discard pokemon in my prizes oh well. THE NEXT GAME I play against steelix Molotic muk and man I did major damage to his deck I eventually did 150 damage with ONE ENERGY killer. Finally I played against a murkrow/king deck I just couldn’t do anything so he wins.
I get 5th but my friend Gengar got 4th with only winning one game lol oh well the second most surprising thing of the day

But the most surprising thing was even though I played in these 2 tourneys I still left around 10.

Props
-truk u the man
-chad aka scizor for winning a trip and hopefully taking truk
-reed aka swmprt2004 4 getting a trip
-GLB & BDS 4 a great tourney
-the friendly opponents i had
-the hot girl i lost in the first round for showing up
-my mom for being a great sport
-bulbasnore and monkeyman8889 for being good judges
-stuart for not making me feel basd i did not win a trip
-wes aka gengar for being a good friend
-micheal for crying when u won a trip it reminds me y i play this game

slops
-to me not winning a trip
-wes for doing bad as usual
-people dising my briney which won me 2 games
-to having to change sleeves over and over no hard feelings crisbo and bulbasnore
-to not winning a ngc

PLEASE HELP I HAVE IVY PIKAS 1st edition stamped ALL PROFITS will help me get to worlds
to see more click here

~HEV hopefully cya @ worlds

Hey, way to go hyper eevee. Im glad you had a good time and hope you can make it to worlds!

Mike was a really cool, he really made my day when he was so appreciative about winning the trip.

Thanks for the props and hope to see you at worlds

~ Levi C

-the hot girl i lost in the first round for showing up

:lol::lol: congrats on ur invite, i really hope u can make it to Worlds, maybe you can show your mom the scholarship prizes and that'll make her change her mind? anyways congrats again, hopefully Ill see you at Worlds

Mudkip said:
:lol::lol: , i really hope u can make it to Worlds, maybe you can show your mom the scholarship prizes and that'll make her change her mind?
Thats what I did, and it worked like a charm. ^_^
Anyways, conratz, I hope to meet you at Worlds; we'll be playing each other. ;)

~Chu :)

It was good playing you Hyper Eevee. You played very well in our top 8 game. You didn't make any mistakes against Salamence that other Blaze players made like SARing for Rayquaza when they see Bagons. Even Michael the 2nd place finisher made that mistake in the first round. I wish I could've given you more of a fight in that 2nd game, but my Shelgon decided to take a nap in my prizes and well, Bagon swarms just don't work like they used too. ;) I hope I can play you again at Worlds since I just got the Rankings invite. :) Hope to see you there.

wow congrats ross you are even lower than me and im 34 i thought i was low
man why would i sars a ray lol thats dumb two prizes 4 ya
BUT ITS NOW OFFICIAL IM COMING TO WORLDS TO CAUSE MAYHEM

Back