2 Juniper
4 Communication
3 rare candy
2 switch
2 junk arm

Energy (14):
11 Fighting Energy
3 double colorless

Building DonChamp for the next format and made a rough list.
Strategy is simple. Deal early damage (60) with Donphan Prime (only a Stage 1) for a :fighting: energy. By damaging your bench, you fuel your late game attack, Machamp Prime's Champ Buster dealing up to 150 damage.

Last edited:
Wouldnt run SSU, its iconsistent imo.

Juniper refreshes your hand.

So,
-2 SSU
+2 Juniper

So, now you have a playset of Juniper.
Posted with Mobile style...

9 Is a good number for basic pokemon. That's 1 for every 6.66 cards in your deck. Which means you have a high percentage for a low number of mulligans.

You can get by with 8. But I always try for at least 9. ;)

Your trainers are really way off, I didn't even look at them in the initial comment. I made you a list, I think this will help you about a billion times better than that junky list you got...

Pokémon (22):
3 Cleffa
4 Phanpy HGSS
4 Donphan (Prime) HGSS
4 Machop TM
3 Machoke TM
4 Machamp (Prime) TM

T/S/S (25):
4 Pokémon Collector HGSS
3 PONT
2 copycat
2 twins
2 seeker

4 Communication
4 rare candy
2 switch
2 junk arm

Energy (13):
10 Fighting Energy
3 double colorless

Cleffa is ok to use even with donphan, that's why you run twins ;)

Last edited:
9 Is a good number for basic pokemon. That's 1 for every 6.66 cards in your deck. Which means you have a high percentage for a low number of mulligans.

Your trainers are really way off, I didn't even look at them in the initial comment. I made you a list, I think this will help you about a billion times better than that junky list you got...

Pokémon (22):
3 Cleffa
4 Phanpy HGSS
4 Donphan (Prime) HGSS
4 Machop TM
3 Machoke TM
4 Machamp (Prime) TM

T/S/S (25):
4 Pokémon Collector HGSS
3 PONT
2 copycat
2 twins
2 seeker

4 Communication
4 rare candy
2 switch
2 junk arm

Energy (13):
10 Fighting Energy
3 double colorless

No Juniper or plus power or 4 junk arm????

Pokémon (22):
3 Cleffa
4 Phanpy HGSS
4 Donphan (Prime) HGSS
4 Machop TM
3 Machoke TM
4 Machamp (Prime) TM

T/S/S (25):
4 Pokémon Collector HGSS
3 PONT
2 copycat
2 twins
2 seeker

4 Communication
4 rare candy
2 switch
2 junk arm

Energy (13):
10 Fighting Energy
3 double colorless

Thanks! I'll be sure to play/tweak this list. I also happened to include 3 Cleffa :D The irony!

Yeah. I may have to change the list a bit. I'm really wanting at least 2 PlusPower in since it helps so much.

Thanks for the help everyone! :thumb:

---------- Post added 06/05/2011 at 05:58 PM ----------

Edited my list (check post #1)
What do you think of it?
I'm thinking of running 3 Champ Prime's as he's a late-game attacker and you won't need him early on and you get plenty of turns to build one up. With the Collectors and draw (PONT, Juniper) I don't see a need to run 4. It's pretty hard to get them as well, but unless the 4th Machamp is extremely important, I will only run 3. Might take out a Fighting for another Machop. Not sure since I tend to get energy droughts mid game and I'm sometimes unable to respond after a KO with Machamp or Donphan.

Last edited:

Juniper isn't necessary with Cleffa, pont, and copycat.

Plus Power? Machamp swings for like 130-150 ideally. You don't need plus power.

4 junk arm is beyond excessive

-1 fighting energy
+1 burned tower

rly helps to get those energies in the discard pile after a machamp is Ko'd

if u add +1-0-1 machamp prime i would suggest to take out -1-1 donphan.

Juniper isn't necessary with Cleffa, pont, and copycat.

Plus Power? Machamp swings for like 130-150 ideally. You don't need plus power.

4 junk arm is beyond excessive

Uh if you run juniper why not 4 junk arms? need a rare candy? Pokemon Communication? plus power? Reversal( or catcher when it comes out) Duel ball? Switch? and even lost remover? why would you not want to play 4 of a card that lets you play something that you might need from your discard? yea well maybe if you cleffa gets knocked out first turn which will happen a lot you might need some draw power, and uh yea plus power, if you want to maybe knock out something with donphan or if you ideally dont have enough pokemon on your bench to do 13- to 150 to knock out a pokemon plus power is amazing!! and well it takes 160 to OHKO a Samurrot with the ability... just saying

I think PlusPower is very important for DonChamp even though Champ Prime does up to 150.
It helps against Blastoise UL, Samurott, fresh Zekroms (not likely to see these but...) and other things. PlusPower has helped me a lot anyway and I really don't want to lower it's count.

They see me bumpin'
They hatin'

My current list doesn't set up fast/very well and I can struggle to keep the Champs coming.
This is testing with BlastGatr by the way and I know somethings wrong if they can set up 2 Stage 2's before I can set up a Donphan, damage my bench and build up Machamp. Something is up.

If you want to set up fast drop clefa and add juniper as has been stated before. If you want look, in My sig, just did a video and corresponding article about the deck. I hope it helps. Watch the video and then the article, I really think it will help with your build, and you may get better ideas from seeing something a little different.
Posted with Mobile style...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back