Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS Prerelease Malaysia, The Comics Corner ( report )

marq_darkrai

hey all, on Saturday 6th February 2010 Malaysian players flocked to The Comics Corner to battle for the new packs, all trying to get a hold of a Prime, LEGEND or anything else. i entered, and i actually did very very well.

i had some amazing pulls, such as a red Gyarados, Ho-Oh LEGEND (bottom half), Feraligatr PRIME, Alph Lithograph and a few rares. however, i ill-fatedly did not pull a croconaw so i couldn't play my feraligatr prime. despite this, my water/psychic/fire deck managed to pull off 3 wins out of 4, losing only to the winner of the entire tourney.

1st game: Ethan Chew

i had always lost to him in league play, but i always own him in prerelease. he started off badly, while i started with n exeggcute. i quickly set up a magikarp and a cyndaquil, and he does....nothing???
wow, im lucky today... anyways, i get out a gyarados with 4 energies on it (lol) and he sets up a Girafarig and gets set up. i KO his Girafarig next turn, and he sends out a Hoppip. he has no bench, and scoops.
1-0

2nd game: Daniel Legaria

Daniel, much like Ethan had a terrible start, starting out with a.....agh i cant remember...all i remember was that he scooped sooner or later.
2-0

3rd game: Chee Wei Shane

he sets up with 2 Chanseys and an Exeggcute, and i start with....Cyndaquil....uh-oh.
he gets out his Blissey Prime and Exeggutor out in no time, and im still struggling to start, with a quilava and an exeggute. he quickly destroys my quilava, and i send out my exeggcute. i evolve it and destroy the blissey with 5 heads. she sends out an exeggcutor and KO-s it. im out of basics, and he wins.
2-1

4th game: Gabriel

he sets up 2 Mareep and uses Static Electricity for 2 energies. i feel like im gonna lose, with only water pokemon on the field. i started off with a Marill and an Exeggcute. i attach and attack. he puts down another Mareep and evolves one of them. he looks at me and says, 'man it sucks to not have rare candy' and i have to agree with him... anyway i evolve my Marill into an Azumarill and my Exeggcute into an Exeggcutor i attach another water to Azumarill and KO his active Mareep. he sends out his Flaaffy and i put down a starmyu. i attack it and he hits back. he setus up another flaafy and i attach a water energy to starmyu and evolve it. i KO the flaafy and it KOs me. i send out my Starmie, attach and use cosmic cyclone for the win.
3-1

second place in the tournament gives me another Feraligatr Prime, 2 Lugia LEGENDS (1 COMPLETE SET!!) and some good trainers. Shane trades me his Blissey for my Feraligatr, and i trade the Blissey for an Amphy Prime.

overall a good haul, and it was only muddled by:

Shane beating me......again
and the sleeves and promo card being delayed.

and i start of the HGSS era on a high note....

Last edited:
Back