Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hilton Bayfront SanDiego

mumsascrappa

Just an FYI -- I called 2 days ago and all of the "Pokemon block" of rooms at this hotel have been sold out. They do have rooms available, but be prepared they are around $300./night. Start searching now if you are interested in attending World Championship event and DON'T want to pay that price. Good Luck!

Just an FYI -- I called 2 days ago and all of the "Pokemon block" of rooms at this hotel have been sold out. They do have rooms available, but be prepared they are around $300./night. Start searching now if you are interested in attending World Championship event and DON'T want to pay that price. Good Luck!
my guess is that 'block' they're referring to is the rooms reserved for those who won trips and/or staff.

i just don't see how any other 'pokémon' block or special group rate could be sold out if it hasn't even been announced yet...

'mom

And I was just looking at the Hilton Bayfront website, and I'm seeing two Queens for under $200/night.

And I was just looking at the Hilton Bayfront website, and I'm seeing two Queens for under $200/night.

I just looked on the website and the closest I saw for "under $200" is $259...they go up from there. I saw NOTHING for under $200....all rooms are upwards and around the 300 range.

---------- Post added 04/15/2011 at 11:39 AM ----------

my guess is that 'block' they're referring to is the rooms reserved for those who won trips and/or staff.

i just don't see how any other 'pokémon' block or special group rate could be sold out if it hasn't even been announced yet...

'mom

well, I don't know about what they are "blocked" for, but I asked at reservations if there are any rooms blocked for players and families attending worlds and she said we do have a block but they are "sold out". When we stayed there a couple years ago there were not available rooms in any pokemon reduced price block either.

...derp...

$275 is the cheapest I can find. Sorry for the date confusion. Looks like Priceline is my best bet, as usual...

Hilton San Diego Bayfront

12/8.. 14/8

Currently special Travel Ticker price. $169 plus tax for 2xadults and 2xchildren

The special price is offered once you click past the from rate that is higher.

Confirmed. Just go on Hilton.com, and look at all of the room rates. It's at the bottom.

Note: you cannot cancel, or even change, the reservation apparently. Payment is upfront and is non-refundable. But for over $100 discount per night, that's pretty understandable.

Seems like the rate is already gone :/
If anyone finds a rate cheaper than $200 per night, can you please send me a PM? Thanks :)

My family has inquired about the room rates multiple times since the beginning of the year and we haven't gotten any word back on rates for pokemon players.:nonono: There is supposed to be pokemon rates for worlds time but the hotel doesn't even have the right contact info for pokemon.:tongue:

My family has inquired about the room rates multiple times since the beginning of the year and we haven't gotten any word back on rates for pokemon players.:nonono: There is supposed to be pokemon rates for worlds time but the hotel doesn't even have the right contact info for pokemon.:tongue:

Where did you hear that there is supposed to be Pokemon rates for Worlds?

My understanding is that Pokemon only reserves rooms for the players that WON trips, and the staff they bring in for the event. In the past, Pokemon has occasionally ended up reserving some rooms they didn't need, so they offered the rooms to the players at the rate they negotiated for the event. Since nearly all National Championships have not been held, Pokemon does not really know how many extra rooms they may have. Thus no information about Pokemon rate rooms is available - and if any do come available, it will only be a very small number.

Furthermore, I certainly hope the hotel would not give out contact information about their guests, corporate or personal, to a third party. I am not surprised that you are not being told what the contact information for Pokemon is.

A league leader and father of a family who took the trip to the grinder last time Worlds was in San Diego said that there were special pokemon room rates available. He told us that they would probably have pokemon rates this year as well and that we should try to get the info/reserve them as soon as possible.

On a similar note...

Has anybody managed to book at a hotel nearby at a reasonable rate? Priceline's giving me $132 for a hotel half a mile away, but I'm certain that others have found cheaper. if Hilton puts that $169 back on the table, that's my room. But, until then, it'd be nice if there were reasonable room options for significantly cheaper than the roughly $800/weekend that the Hilton site's giving me...

Back