Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hitmonchan Prime

richie910842

I originally thought of this as a Level-X idea, which would have had more versatility from the card under it, but since the time of Level-X's is comming to an end, he can still work really well as a pokemon prime, (especially in HG/SS's entirely X2 weakness environment). Actually, the X2 weak environment might make it overpowered. Oh well, feedback would very much appreciated.

Hitmonchan Lvl 67 :fighting:120 HP
Basic

Pokebody: Trained in Youth
If tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan or anywhere on your bench, Each of Hitmonchan's attacks cost :colorless: less to play.

Poke Power: Elemental Stance
Once During your turn, when you put Hitmonchan from your hand onto your bench, you may search your deck for a basic energy card and attach it to Hitmonchan.

:fire::fighting::fighting::colorless: Fire Punch: You may choose to apply damage from this attack as the Hitmonchan were :fire: type pokemon. 70

:water::fighting::fighting::colorless: Ice Punch: You may choose to apply damage from this attack as the Hitmonchan were :water::water: type pokemon. 70

:lightning::fighting::fighting::colorless: Thunderpunch: You may choose to apply damage from this attack as the Hitmonchan were :lightning: type pokemon. 70

Weakness :psychic:X2 Resistance :dark:-20 Retreat Cost:colorless::colorless:

wy [D] resist
Thunder punch has been made with diff effect

Imagine this on a real card

will it feat

HP should be less by 10/20

Body need reword

Suggestion
-If Tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan or on your Bench, Hitmonchan pay less [C] to use each of it's attack.

Cool idea, but this would not find onto one card (probably not even 2)... Try to cut it down to 1 or 2 attacks and maybe 1 body or power.

I think a better way to word the punches would be like this:

[W][F][F][C] Ice Punch (70+) If the defending Pokemon is weak to the [W] type, this attack does 70 damage plus 20/30/40/70 damage.

I don't know how much extra damage it would do, but it's a lot less sloppy.

Personally I think that phrasing is fine aside from the "the" before Hitmonchan, it should be "if" or "though"
You could theoretically make those all into 1 attack like so:

:fighting::fighting::colorless::colorless: - Elemental Punch - 70
If Hitmonchan has any :fire:,:water:, or :lightning: Energies attached to it you may choose 1 of them. Apply damage from this attack as though Hitmonchan were that type pokémon.

Rainbow Energy makes this awesome.

Thanks for the advice, how about this for a reprint.

Hitmonchan Lvl 67 120 HP
Basic

:pbody: Trained in Youth
You may shoose to play hitmonchan from your hand onto Tyrogue, (This counts as evolving tyrogue.) If tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan each of Hitmonchan's attaks cost less to play.

:ppowr:: Elemental Stance
Once During your turn, when you put Hitmonchan from your hand onto your bench or your active pokemon, you may search your deck for a basic energy card and attach it to Hitmonchan.

If Hitmonchan has any :water::fire: or :lightning: basic energies attached to it you may choose 1 of them. Apply damage from this attack as though Hitmonchan were that type pokémon.

Weakness :psychic:X2 Resistance :dark:-20 Retreat Cost :colorless::colorless:

Thanks Cadz Veg and Thunder. I know I haven't addressed all complaints, but I hope I got the Majority and this card does seem to flow much better. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
The only issue with the poké-body (aside from shoose XD) is that the body isn't in effect unless the card is in play meaning that you wouldn't be able to use it, plus, the first part is more like a Poké-Power (Baby Evolution)

I would make them read:

:pbody: - Trained in Youth
If Tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan each of Hitmonchan's attaks cost less to play.

:ppowr: - Elemental Stance
Once During your turn (before you attack) if Hitmonchan is on your bench and Tyrouge is your active Pokémon, you may discard all cards attached to Hitmonchan and put Hitmonchan onto your Active Tyrouge (This counts as evolving Tyrogue.) If you do, you may search your deck for a basic energy card and attach it to Hitmonchan.

My suggestion + Cardz Idea

Hitmonchan 110 HP :fighting:
Basic

If Tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan, itmonchan pay [C] less to use it's attack.

Once During your turn (before you attack) if Hitmonchan is on your Bench and Tyrogue is your Active Pokémon. You may discard all cards attached to Hitmonchan and put Hitmonchan onto your Active Tyrogue (This counts as evolving Tyrogue.) If you do, you may search your deck for a basic energy card and attach it to Hitmonchan.

If Hitmonchan has any basic :fire:, :water: or :lightning: energies attached to it you may choose 1 of them. Apply damage from this attack as though Hitmonchan were that energy type.

Weakness :psychic:X2
Resistance
Retreat Cost :colorless::colorless:

Tyred .. seriously?

The only issue with the poké-body (aside from shoose XD) is that the body isn't in effect unless the card is in play meaning that you wouldn't be able to use it, plus, the first part is more like a Poké-Power (Baby Evolution)

I would make them read:

If Tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan each of Hitmonchan's attaks cost less to play.

Once During your turn (before you attack) if Hitmonchan is on your bench and Tyred face powder is your active Pokémon, you may discard all cards attached to Hitmonchan and put Hitmonchan onto your Active Tyred face powder (This counts as evolving Tyrogue.) If you do, you may search your deck for a basic energy card and attach it to Hitmonchan.

then he did those

I did not type those tyred things in mine (they're not there, read up), and yes I tried to take everyone's suggestion in rewriting the card, I never claimed entire credit for the rewrite, I was honestly trying to say "you guys are write, the card should be more like this . . ."

Uh, did you accidentially flip a certain two letters in Tyrogue's name so that it was spelled T-Y-R-O-U-G-E? Typing the name like that without the dashes causes the last five letters to be replaced by the censors with "red face powder" for no apparent reason (I don't see any reason why it should be censored like this; in fact, with it censored like this, pretty much any Sonic-based project, of which there have been several in the past, is hampered because a character's name gets censored). Honestly, this simple two-letter flip is a common misspelling of the Pokémon's name, and the apparently needless censoring causes people to appear to be spouting nonsense when they actually made a simple spelling error.

I originally thought of this as a Level-X idea, which would have had more versatility from the card under it, but since the time of Level-X's is comming to an end, he can still work really well as a pokemon prime, (especially in HG/SS's entirely X2 weakness environment). Actually, the X2 weak environment might make it overpowered. Oh well, feedback would very much appreciated.

Hitmonchan Lvl 67 :fighting:120 HP
Basic

Pokebody: Trained in Youth
If tyrogue is anywhere under Hitmonchan or anywhere on your bench, Each of Hitmonchan's attacks cost :colorless: less to play.

Poke Power: Elemental Stance
Once During your turn, when you put Hitmonchan from your hand onto your bench, you may search your deck for a basic energy card and attach it to Hitmonchan.

:fire::fighting::fighting::colorless: Fire Punch: You may choose to apply damage from this attack as the Hitmonchan were :fire: type pokemon. 70

:water::fighting::fighting::colorless: Ice Punch: You may choose to apply damage from this attack as the Hitmonchan were :water::water: type pokemon. 70

:lightning::fighting::fighting::colorless: Thunderpunch: You may choose to apply damage from this attack as the Hitmonchan were :lightning: type pokemon. 70

Weakness :psychic:X2 Resistance :dark:-20 Retreat Cost:colorless::colorless:

1. It COULD be a Prime if it were a Stage 1 or 2
2. 4 for 70 is too slow for 70
3. That's way too many things on the card. 2 Poke-Bodies and 3 attacks. The most on a card is a 3 attacks, a Poke-Power and 2 attacks or a Poke-Body and 2 attacks. Your card has 5 things. That's way too much.

Alright... read This

I would like to draw your attention to this part in particular:
4 Pokemon Prime, which display their abilities in battle, also appear! The Pokemon Prime are Mew, Absol, Gengar, and Magnezone—powerful cards with attacks that involve the Lost Zone.
So, there seems to be basic primes on their way as real cards

4 does seem a bit slow, but keep in mind that with the Poké-Body it's down to 3

and lastly, the number of attacks/stuff has been addressed, if you're going to critique a card, you should at least quote the most updated version.

Back