Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Hmm first Sandstorm pack...Misprints? AHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterioustrainer

Today was two firsts for me. First six Sandstorm packs and first pack to ever get misprints. One of the packs contained misprints for all of the commons. They look like the top was sliced off and put on the bottom. I called Nintendo's hotline and after thrity minutes of discussion. They told me I could mail it back to them for a replacement booster. They were very friendly despite they have little knowledge that Sandstorm was already being sold. So has anyone else gotten packs like these?

FlygonChampion said:
One of my Ruby Theme Deck Fire Energies looks like a black airbrush was sprayed all over the middle of it.
Never heard of a misprint like that before? Did it come from a pack or theme deck?

It says theme deck there. ;)

I must say, that's nice of them to offer to send you a new pack, especially since the set isn't even officially out yet.

My question is, why are they just replacing the booster? They should replace the cards themselves. Could you imangine if you needed one or two of those cards that were cut funny to complete your set and now you're SOL... that'd suck...

wouldn't these misprint cards have extra value to them? well, as long as the whole print run isn't done in that way. Like the shadowless cards from base set. I wouldn't return them :p

The cards would be illegal to play in their current state (the backside is also misprinted). Nintendo offered to replace the exact cards, but I just started the collection and the booster pack is mostly cards I already have in it. It would have taken a considerable time longer replace the exact cards instead of getting another pack.

Also it was more easy to call them and help me out because I have a My Nintendo account in their database. So I didn't have to tell all that much detail about me. I recommend every player get a My Nintendo account for situations like these (plus you can access cool sites like http://www.pokemon-games.com)

It's not often you see cards that the die cut is off. I hope you haven't sent them back already, because I would have given you at least 3 packs for them.

Sounds more like a misCUT than a misPRINT to me... I doubt they are very rare. My friend's little brother got a Neo Genesis booster once with the same error. His Downpour Gatr has a too short bottom and is too long on the top. If you see what I mean. ^^;

I have a miscut Pokémon Reversal. There's a large black line at the top, which marked the bountary between it and the card above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back