Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holding a Tournament

ShawofMordor

Hey guys,

I'm a Professor, and I'd like to start running bigger events instead of just judging. I was wondering how I can get started. I know I can't just start with running something like a Cities or States, but what about a non-premier tournament? I can get a location, and I have people in my area who play. I just wanted to hold a fun tournament, but I wanted it to be Pokemon USA official so that I could get experience running one. Like using TOM and stuff. I don't want prize support, just an experience mirroring what I'd be doing if I ran a Premier event.

Anyone have any experience? Thanks guys!

PS - I'm over 18 and I have a credit card if that's important haha.

Yeah, funny that you made this thread Shaw. Actually, I am a TO, and I too am interested on running my own tournaments, and I am 20 years old. I feel the same way you do at the moment. I have a question as well, like, if you plan on running it 2 weeks from now, is it ok to sanction it asap, or should I wait 1 month before I run it? Let me know as well.

Thanks.

Just apply to become a tournament organizer. When this is done you can then sanction tournaments and then after some experience move up the chain to a PTO. There are alot more responsibilties when becoming a PTO so make sure this what you want to do if you enjoy playing more than judging/running an event.

Once they approve you as a TO, you should have access to the site to download TOM.
A new section on your "My Pokemon" account will be visible. From there you can sanction a tourney and off you go

Back