Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HOLON TRANSCEIVER and Game STATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

== HOLON TRANSCEIVER (EX:Delta Species)

Q. If you use Holon Transceiver, and there are no Holon supporters are in your deck when you look but there are some in your discard pile, can you take one from your discard pile?
A. With Holon Transceiver you choose the mode when you play the card. You can either do one or the other; if you choose to search your deck, you cannot go through the discard pile if it fails. (Jan 5, 2006 PUI Rules Team.

IS THE REVERSE TRUE OR NOT?

If play my transceiver, but before I search my deck search, can I inspected my DISCARD PILE. I understood that a Players can know the state of the board and DISCARD pile at ALL TIMES. Also since the original ruling refers to the obvious, I assume that REVERSE was implicitly assumed OK.

Last edited:
The discard pile of both players is public knowledge.

When you play the Transceiver, there's really no difference to whether you know the contents of your discard pile ...before or after you play it.

The judge (or opponent) might have a concern if:
1. You appear to be stalling.
2. You've previously grabbed cards from both, or something equally confusing.

To clarify, you need to look at your discard pile before you play the Transceiver if you want to double check.
Once you have played your Transceiver, if you declare "I'm getting a Holon Supporter from the discard pile", you're stuck with that.

However, if you play the Transceiver and then say, "Let me check my discard pile before I say where I'm getting the Holon supporter from", that would be OK.

But playing the card and just grabbing the discard and starting to search without communicating anything pretty much commits you to only getting it from the discard.

Your opponent should not have to guess at what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back