Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holos, Alternate holos, Reverse Holos

gunsnroses1747

Im so confused now.

How do u tell the difference betweenn Alternate holo and Reverse holo?

I just got the following cards all form delta species:
Latios
Latias
Rayquaza

The person said they were Holo but i cant tell if they are.

The border of the card is Holo on all three of them. And on the Rayquaza card the bolt of lightning is Holo, and parts of the Rayquaza is also Holo. On the Latias and Latios card The whole pokemon is Holo. None of the cards have the background (talking about the thing behind pokemon) Holo. For example, the clouds and sky behind Rayquaza are not holo. On Latias The bridge is not Holo. On Latios The building is not Holo, but the lightning coming out of the building is Holo.

Another Question that i have is this:
What does it mean if a card has it's name written in Holo letters and has the set name on the card picture, and has a Holo star? For example:
My Salamence from Delta Species. It has Salamence written in holo letters, a Holo star, and a delta species stamp on the card picture.

Im sure that this is a stupid question, but i have been out of Pokemon for a while and i am not familiar with the newer sets.

-GN'R

Last edited:
Set name on the card picture = parallel holo, also in the case of rare cards its name will be gold. The Pokémon picture being holo and the background not being holo is the same on both, that's just the gimmick that all Delta Holos have (and the parallel holo versions).

If for any of those you mentioned above the name is not in gold, its a regular holo.

How do u tell the difference betweenn Alternate holo and Reverse holo?
Those are just different names for the same thing. Except Reverse holo is just the specific name for the pre-Hidden Legends ones.

Last edited:
Back