Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

holos, and how they ruin shuffles.

travis3290

So i dont know if its just me, but i realized that even with some pretty rigid sleeves, holos will find each other and stick to each other. When im play testing and laying down prizes all check to see how it turned out, and ill have 3 primes, 2 reverses, and another miscellaneous "bent" card. Anyone have a way of shuffling that prevents this a bit, i really get sick of these fat stacks of good cards.

I know this seems like a stupid thread but its really bothered me for a while now.

Coincidence?

I don't own any holo Rare Candies and 3-4 still find their way to my hand in the beginning of a game. And it's definitely not helpful.

Pile shuffling and/or separating cards by type can help a little, but there's not a whole lot you can do. I hear that humid areas have this problem. I have never had it myself...

Holos do bend, it has to do with some of the chemicals that make it holo, and they can even bend to an extent where they are noticeable, I believe at this time, unless it creates an extreme case, it's typically fine. I would assume its because the big key cards they try to advertise like primes and lv.Xs only come holo, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to crack down on holos.

well i live in florida, so humidity is an issue. But it still perplexes me(and this is with HGSS on really) that these cards are so bent, like floating off the table bent lol

i might take some pics to upload cause its ridiculous.

well i live in florida, so humidity is an issue. But it still perplexes me(and this is with HGSS on really) that these cards are so bent, like floating off the table bent lol

i might take some pics to upload cause its ridiculous.
Some holos can become more bent than others, I havent tried this with a pokemon card, but in magic the gathering, I left it alone so long that it started bending so much that it could literally stand on it's ends like a little tunnel.

I'm not sure that humidity has anything to do with it. I live in Seattle, and I have the same problem, and I don't just mean kind of bent, I mean REALLY bent. They are so bent, I can bend them the reverse direction and hold them there for 30+ seconds, and when I let go, they are still bent. I never really had this problem pre-Arceus, and the bends weren't as noticeable or common until HGSS, where now every holo card I have from HGSS is super-curved.

Still better than the Deoxys-Power Keepers foil. Those things were tough to straighten. Even in sleeves they will slowly bend over time.

i side shuffle kinda rough, people always gonna wanna cut since someone on poikebeach put up that "how to stack your deck" video from youtube, but side shuffle kinda rough and then cut the deck before the opponet does. seems to work for me.

In our area judges are allowing primes to be proxied at tournament because they bend to an extent worthy of game losses by themselves. You do have to have the real cards handy, though.

Coincidence?

I don't own any holo Rare Candies and 3-4 still find their way to my hand in the beginning of a game. And it's definitely not helpful.

this thread reminds me of the time at league when I somehow topdecked all 4 Roseanne's out of my deck.

While some reverse holos may bend a lot, if your cards are really bent, it may be because of the way you're flicking them in your hand when it's yours or your opponent's turn, or the way you shuffle, or a combination of both.

I had this exact same experience where because of the way i was flicking/shuffling ALL my cards were bent, and my RH cards were curved beyond belief!

I've wanted to ask about this for awhile now.

I particularity see it with the Primes and RH. I'll just sit there and shuffle a deck for half an hour, and I'll have six different RH cards right in a row, and one or two somewhere else in the deck. My friend runs a Donphan deck, and I've seen him start a game, with all four Donphans in his hand, all right next to each other.

I know a lot of these are coincidence, but damn, it happens a lot.

Back