Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Holos, Reverse Holo, Alternate Holo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunsnroses1747

Im so confused now.

How do u tell the difference betweenn Alternate holo and Reverse holo?

I just got the following cards all form delta species:
Latios
Latias
Rayquaza

The person said they were Holo but i cant tell if they are.

The border of the card is Holo on all three of them. And on the Rayquaza card the bolt of lightning is Holo, and parts of the Rayquaza is also Holo. On the Latias and Latios card The whole pokemon is Holo. None of the cards have the background (talking about the thing behind pokemon) Holo. For example, the clouds and sky behind Rayquaza are not holo. On Latias The bridge is not Holo. On Latios The building is not Holo, but the lightning coming out of the building is Holo.

Im sure that this is a stupid question, but i have been out of Pokemon for a while and i am not familiar with the newer sets.

-GN'R

Reverse Holo and Alternate Holo generally refer to the same thing, cards from the set that have been reproduced in some kind of Holo format. The treatment is applied to commons, Uncommons, Rares and Rare Holos, but you do not find Star cards and EX's reproduced in the Alternate format.

The actual look of the format has varied quite a bit from set to set, and Delta Species used a technique almost identical to the actual Rare Holo cards in the set. However, there is an easy way to tell if you have the Alternate Holo - the set name is printed over the picture, usually in the lower right corner. It is very noticable. The regular Rare Holos do not have it. If your cards do not have the words "Delta Species" printed over the picture, then they are Holos.

Here is a link to a Crobat that is an Alternate Holo - http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=1468&c=51

BDS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back