Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Honchkrow SV able to make a splash in meta??

ashinto

I was looking at my cards recently and saw that the use of Honchkrow from SV could go up. It has an attack that abuses DCE along with a power that can bring basic pokemon -coughsmagikarpcoughs- out of the discard. It's attack can also make SP players wish that they didn't as you are able to do 30+10 more damage for each of your and your opponent's basic pokemon. It hits switchgar for weakness and has resistance against donphan (well....that's all it has against donphan). now i'm not saying "OMG, HONCHKROW=BDIF!!!" but I am saying that this card is an extremely over looked card that could be good in this current format. Discuss...

Well it's good against SP but Jumpluff is more consistent and that's very important when facing luxchomp. Honchkrow is a good tech, but it doesn't hit hard enough facing non SP decks.

It's a pretty nice tech in a Plox deck, but besides that... in theory ist could be good against SP since it can easily do > 100 damage to them, but it needs 3 energy for it and thanks to its weakness it's immediately one-shotted by Luxray.

Very useful anti-Gyarados tech in many decks. Also helpful when trying to Dark Palm an opponent's bench if they keep it reduced to 3. Its attack is kind of meh in anything other than a Dark deck. It's probably not worth teching in a darkness energy to use. Although that's just MO.

It will likely find much more play after Unleashed hits the shelves. It combos very well with Raikou/Entei.

I played it in my States deck with Dusknoir for auto wins against Gyrados. Forcing players to go down below 3 bench pokemon to protect against Dark Palm is also very disabling. The biggest issue is getting suitable targets into their discard early in the game.

Honchkrow X is a solid play with the card as well against small HP basics (like Hoppip) as the SV Honch can pull the basic out of the discard and the Lvl X's Feint attack can send it right back for an easy prize.

Shhh. Yall be quiet. Don't give away all the secrets. (Honchcrow SV is broken) wisper. Shhh.

Back